By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Anime] How old were you when you first started getting into anime?

How old were you when you first started getting into anime?

1-10 48 51.06%

11-20 35 37.23%

21-30 6 6.38%

31-40 1 1.06%

41-50 1 1.06%

51+ 3 3.19%

Total:94
kyokusanagi said:
Wright said:

Nah, Deathnote is overrated.

Watch Trigun.

lol, the reason i think death note is famous is because is unique.

Marketing.

Around the Network

As a kid, I was always a fan of animation but there was just something about animation that came from Japan. It just seemed so much more artistic and detailed than something like G.I. Joe or He-Man. So, I seeked it out. Rented it or watched it on Cinemax when I could. I think my first was Fist of the North Star or Vampire Hunter D. Eventually got to the big stuff like Akira and Ghost in the Shell. Then, I quit. For all of its beauty, anime was convoluted to me.

I still watched the occasional anime on Cartoon Network but not so much anymore.

I think i started watching anime since i was born.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Wright said:
kyokusanagi said:
Wright said:

Nah, Deathnote is overrated.

Watch Trigun.

lol, the reason i think death note is famous is because is unique.

Marketing.

I think the markering did a good job because, because most of the people in vgcharts loves deathnote.

I wonder what happen to trigun :) i like trigun tho.

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

6yrs old, Samurai Pizza Cats in 1991.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
SnakeDrake said:
I think i started watching anime since i was born.

Best line that i have seen in here.

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

I don't remember. The tentacles wiped my memory.

22 years old. Joblessness and boredom post-undergrad got me into it. Started with "Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex". Have watched about 140 different TV series since.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Damn.....now that I had dug deeper into my memory bank, I wish I hadn't chosen the 11-20 choice. Before Toonami, and everything else, my cousin (who's not much of an anime fan as he was in the past) introduced me to the classic OVA, Project A-ko grey side/blue side when I was 6-7. That one anime got me hooked into anime for life. It was so action packed, and downright hilarious. Afterwards I never heard from this series ever again and went on to watch other shows. Then afterwards I got into Toonami and afterwards....the end.

Although that wasn't the first anime I saw. If anyone is old enough to remember Nickelodeon used to air Maya The Honey Bee, Noozels, and Adventures of the Little Koala decades ago (yes these were from Japan). But I was a wee lad at the time like (4 or 5) so I wasn't able to comprehend a lot things yet like whether they were anime or not. Not to mention Speed Racer.

Does Speed Racer, Voltron, or Robotech count because if they do, I was enjoying "Japanimation" waaaay earlier than I originally thought.