By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - [Anime] How old were you when you first started getting into anime?

How old were you when you first started getting into anime?

1-10 48 51.06%

11-20 35 37.23%

21-30 6 6.38%

31-40 1 1.06%

41-50 1 1.06%

51+ 3 3.19%

Total:94
d21lewis said:
Does Speed Racer, Voltron, or Robotech count because if they do, I was enjoying "Japanimation" waaaay earlier than I originally thought.

All three had American adaptation.

Voltron from wiki:

The producers had no means of translating the Japanese series into English, thus they surmised the plots, created all-new dialogue, edited out the more violent scenes and remixed the audio into stereo format.

I only have Robotech the japanese version.

Xbox live: kyokusanagiii    Watching: Patlabor The Mobile Police (OAV 1)

Around the Network

Before 10: DBZ, Pokemon, Yugioh, Code Lyoko, Digimon, Beyblade, Avatar The Last Airbender, Teen Titans, Naruto, and Megas XLR.
After 10: Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Legend of Korra, Sword Art Online, Silver Spoon, Yahari ore seishun...

Probably around age 6 or 7.

Either 7 or 8 when dragon ball and sailor moon came on network tv.

Does Transformers count lol?

Hard to say but I was young.

I use to watch all the cartoons mainly when I was younger before what I would consider real animie

Around the Network

I was around 6 or 7 when my parents took me to go see Totoro in the theater.

I first got into Pokemon and Dragonball Z at 10 years old. Also dabbled in Gundam Wing, though it was much more the favorite of my friends at the time. High school got me in deeper, first Rurouni Kenshin, then Naruto, then FMA, Inuyasha, Bleach, and Death Note. It wasn't until College when my Japanese professor encouraged us to watch dubbed (or raw) shows online to keep current with the language that i started watching more deliberately, so the last five years have seen me consume a hell of a lot of anime (though a good chunk of that time was spent doing One Piece from start to finish)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around 8 years old. Dragon ball and others on Toonami.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Since before I could talk :p. Seriously I used to watch anime all day when I was very little. Things like DBZ, Slam Dunk, Hunter x Hunter (the original), Detective Conan, Thunder Jet, Dragon Quest: Dai no Daiboken, Pokemon, Digimon and a lot more.

If we're talking "modern" anime (90s and after) then I was in my early teens when I started watching shows like DBZ, Cowboy Bebop, and yes Pokemon regularly.

But way before that I watched classic anime movies like Unico when I was like 4 or 5, and many of the cartoons that I watched growing up as a kid were heavily anime-influenced (Real Ghostbusters, original TMNT, etc).

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.