By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict: When will PS4 overtake WiiU? UPDATE: Overtaken February 22nd!

When will PS4 overtake WiiU?

Q1 2014 394 52.46%

Q2 2014 152 20.24%

Q3 2014 50 6.66%

October 2014 6 0.80%

November 2014 6 0.80%

December 2014 13 1.73%

2015 27 3.60%

2016 6 0.80%

2017 or Later 3 0.40%

Never 94 12.52%

Total:751

The gap now is 1.3M. If the Japan PS4 launch is weak, really weak, we will see 0.6M. So PS4 only have to fill a gap of 0.7M and it is outselling Wii U by 200k weekly. With 1M monthly shipments, it will pass it at March 2014, I'm calling it.

Around the Network

I can absolutely see the PS4 passing it by March, for sure.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Maybe around Q2 or Q3 when the PS4's big games are being launched

gcube2000 said:
MTZehvor said:
I'll be different and go 2015. The tag team of DK, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros will be enough to keep the Wii U in front until next year.

that's exactly what I was thinking

When does Mario Kart 8 come out?  Is it by March?

POE said:
think-man said:

I'm not going anywhere ^^ How about you must have a PS4 logo as your avatar if you lose and Ill have a WiiU logo if I lose?

Ok, for a month?

Ok, and just to clarify do you want to put a time limit on it? you're saying it will never outsell it, i'm saying it will. So since "never" is going to be a long time we should say if the PS4 hasn't outsold the WiiU by the end of the year then I lose. If the Ps4 outsells the WiiU this year then I win? sound fair?

Around the Network
think-man said:
POE said:
think-man said:

I'm not going anywhere ^^ How about you must have a PS4 logo as your avatar if you lose and Ill have a WiiU logo if I lose?

Ok, for a month?

Ok, and just to clarify do you want to put a time limit on it? you're saying it will never outsell it, i'm saying it will. So since "never" is going to be a long time we should say if the PS4 hasn't outsold the WiiU by the end of the year then I lose. If the Ps4 outsells the WiiU this year then I win? sound fair?

No, because by the end of the year you may not even be in this forums anymore.
How about this: If by the end of the year the Wii U is above the PS4 in sales then you´ll have to put a Wii U logo as your avatar for a month.
If the PS4 is above the Wii U, then i will have to put the PS4 logo as my avatar but for 2 months, because of the Wii U (This because the Wii U launched a whole year before)
Deal?

POE said:
think-man said:
POE said:
think-man said:

Ok, for a month?

How about this: If by the end of the year the Wii U is above the PS4 in sales then you´ll have to put a Wii U logo as your avatar for a month.
If the PS4 is above the Wii U, then i will have to put the PS4 logo as my avatar but for 2 months, because of the Wii U (This because the Wii U launched a whole year before)
Deal?

I'll still be here :) I've been using this site since 07, we can do it your way if you wanna.

think-man said:
POE said:
think-man said:
POE said:
think-man said:

Ok, for a month?

Deal?

I'll still be here :) I've been using this site since 07, we can do it your way if you wanna.

Yeah, i preffer my way.

On a side note, i just saw your pic, the one about Final Fantasy 9. What an amazing game, just reached disc 2 yesterday!! :D

March/QTR 1 easily just look at the gap week to week even with supply constraints and no japanese launch, and sony is almost doubling the wii-u's sales how long do you think that can keep happening and sony doesn't close, what is a measly 1.2/3 million gap i say 4-8 weeks tops.

I have a question, if Nintendo lowered the cost of the Wii U to 1 dollar and it inevitably sold over 100 million copies. Would Nintendo technically win this gen (assuming it sold more than the competition)?

It seems like the only way to move those units is to heavily discount them like what happened in Belgium where they sold for 99 eu.