By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Wii Fit U bombing really hard?

Tagged games:

Aielyn said:
Seece said:
Aielyn said:
MikeRox said:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/WII+FIT+U.htm

All SKUs available instore and online at Argos. I wonder if GAME just ordered low quantities.

Or maybe Argos ordered an insanely large quantity. Or Argos recently got a shipment. Or people just aren't going to Argos to buy it.

We don't know, we don't have data. My only point with the mention of GAME is that at least one dedicated gaming retailer says they're out of stock of it, which suggests that it *is* selling in the UK. Of course, I've postulated that most current Wii U owners that are going to get the game got it through the digital + Fit Meter deal; if I'm right, then even if we had retail data it wouldn't be particularly informative.

Or GAME ordered low quantitied, love how you miss that one out in your list of possibilites. After having to send shipments BACK to Nintendo (Industry first?) I doubt any retailers in Europe are stocking much of anything to do with WiiU.

I like how you didn't even bother to read the post I had quoted (and thus was responding to). Note the bolded bit above.

Context: it matters.

Oh I did read it, you discarded the most likely scenario though.

Around the Network
Seece said:

No, I didn't. I responded with a list of alternative scenarios, to demonstrate that there is no unique logical conclusion to be obtained.

But thanks so much for bringing the idiotic console wars into a discussion that had nothing to do with it. You're a real gem.

I had no idea it was even out :p

Aielyn said:
Seece said:

No, I didn't. I responded with a list of alternative scenarios, to demonstrate that there is no unique logical conclusion to be obtained.

But thanks so much for bringing the idiotic console wars into a discussion that had nothing to do with it. You're a real gem.

Console wars? wat console wars? I didn't mention the others.

You can come up with multiple scenarios for most things in life, doesn't mean you should. All the evidence is there to suggest GAME simply didn't order in a lot of stock. Deal with it.

Aielyn said:
MikeRox said:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searchTerms/WII+FIT+U.htm

All SKUs available instore and online at Argos. I wonder if GAME just ordered low quantities.

Or maybe Argos ordered an insanely large quantity. Or Argos recently got a shipment. Or people just aren't going to Argos to buy it.

We don't know, we don't have data. My only point with the mention of GAME is that at least one dedicated gaming retailer says they're out of stock of it, which suggests that it *is* selling in the UK. Of course, I've postulated that most current Wii U owners that are going to get the game got it through the digital + Fit Meter deal; if I'm right, then even if we had retail data it wouldn't be particularly informative.

GAME only hold 4.4% of the UK retail market for videogames now. You're also just looking at the website which frequently runs out of stock of products.

Just Dance 4, Wonderful 101, Wii Party U, Assassin's Creed 4, Lego City Undercover etc are also all sold out online. Along with a large number of Vita games (inc most Vita hardware bundles).

I think low stock rather than mega sales is the reason.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
green_sky said:
Ryuzaki doesn't disappoint. Dooming a game that is not even out yet at retail. Go Ryuzaki, you can set the standard for all the newcomers that are and will be coming to the site.

The game has been available in Europe for 3 weeks now. It's not selling and it's not moving systems either. This debate is perfectly legitimate.

We don't truly know how Wii Fit U is doing... People only need to purchase the Fit-meter to unlock their digital downloads, which aren't tracked by anyone. I think we'll have to wait for Nintendo's comment on the game.

Viltgance said:
how can we tell if its bombing when its not even out yet?

Eh, why wait? d0med

You have to put a big fat asterisk next to any retail numbers for this game, since the digital version has been available for months now, and buying a $20 pedometer gets you a free copy of it.

Wii Fit U? More like "WE F U!" amiright? The shit doesn't work and people are wise to it now, You can get it free with the Fit Meter and I think if you register a Balance Board. Who doesn't already have one that wants one?