By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally - Michael Pachter

Teriol said:
VGPolyglot said:
Max King of the Wild said:
Zero999 said:
Rafux said:

Its completely fair that he call you out on your terrible predictions like when you said that PS4/X1 won't sell because Wii U wasn't selling.

I never said ps4k/xone won't sell because wii u wasn't selling, thanks for the lie. ps4k/xone won't sell after holidays  because they don't have what it takes to do it (price and games).

yes you did

I don't think it's worth it trying to reason with him.

and yet it is more easy to reason with you? isn't it? ;) lol

Me? All I said was that the rest of December and Japan could play a big factor, but we'll just have to wait and see. I think that's pretty reasonable.

Around the Network
DietSoap said:
... Did he just forget about Mario Kart in spring or something?

I like Pachter and all, but yeah, nah, 2014 is going to be an absolute monster of a year for the Wii U. Between that and Smash it's going to sell more than the PS4 and Xbox One for the full year easily.

You must either be really un-informed or like crow? Not a chance in hell this happens.

Nem said:

"GamerFitNation suspected that the PS4 would outsell the Wii U by March, and we contacted Pachter, managing director of equity research for Wedbush Securities, for his opinion."

So now that I made sure it isn't your eyes that are broken. If you still don't get what this big bold part of text means then it's obviously just your non existant reading comprehension.

It clearly states that they were the ones reaching out to Pachter. Pachter doesn't throw numbers around at will. He always responds to questions from Twitter, emails or forums. This site asked, he answered. End of story.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Michael Pachter makes the same prediction as me again. First he mirrors my Wii U lifetime sales and then he mirrors exact window for when Sony surpasses the Wii U. I don't know whether to smile or be really afraid.

Pachter, lol. Seriously that's pretty commonsense looking at the numbers.

Around the Network
Locknuts said:
Pachter, lol. Seriously that's pretty commonsense looking at the numbers.

Not for some in denial LOL.

DerNebel said:
DietSoap said:

I like Pachter and all, but yeah, nah, 2014 is going to be an absolute monster of a year for the Wii U. Between that and Smash it's going to sell more than the PS4 and Xbox One for the full year easily.

I'm just...I... seriously how can people still make assumptions like that? You know you're on a sales site here so you can easily look at the data we have, right? How can you look at those numbers and still think that 2 games are suddenly going to completely turn the Wii U around?

Well... What does the PS4 or One even have for 2014 that can match two of the biggest hitters in the entire industry, Smash and Mario Kart (you know, the game that sold over 30 million last gen)? Infamous 3million LTD? Titanfall that's also on 360 and PC? Some crossgen multiplats also strewn across both next gen platforms and PC, with some even on Wii U?

Seriously, I'm just not seeing anything that can even come close to pushing units like Smash and Mario Kart. Couple that with my expectation that a new mainline Zelda and a new Metroid will be shown off this E3 as well as a drop to $200 for the holidays (not even counting the black friday deals), and yeah... I just don't see how either the PS4 or One can hope to match it.

The Wii U is going to absolutely explode in sales this year, I still can't believe people foolishly underestimate Nintendo time and time again only for them to dominate each and every time.

DietSoap said:
DerNebel said:
DietSoap said:

I'm just...I... seriously how can people still make assumptions like that? You know you're on a sales site here so you can easily look at the data we have, right? How can you look at those numbers and still think that 2 games are suddenly going to completely turn the Wii U around?

Well... What does the PS4 or One even have for 2014 that can match two of the biggest hitters in the entire industry, Smash and Mario Kart (you know, the game that sold over 30 million last gen)? Infamous 3million LTD? Titanfall that's also on 360 and PC? Some crossgen multiplats also strewn across both next gen platforms and PC, with some even on Wii U?

Seriously, I'm just not seeing anything that can even come close to pushing units like Smash and Mario Kart. Couple that with my expectation that a new mainline Zelda and a new Metroid will be shown off this E3 as well as a drop to $200 for the holidays (not even counting the black friday deals), and yeah... I just don't see how either the PS4 or One can hope to match it.

The Wii U is going to absolutely explode in sales this year, I still can't believe people foolishly underestimate Nintendo time and time again only for them to dominate each and every time.

The PS1 outsold the N64 3 to 1 and the PS2 and XBox both outsolf the GameCube.

DietSoap said:
DerNebel said:
DietSoap said:

LOL you are so much in denial. COD, BAttlefiedl, FIFA, Madden, Ass creed, watch dogs, destiny , Dragon Ageand on and on, its big third party games that will keep ps4 and x1 selling, and exclusives asre icing on the cake. Please, the demand is there for PS4 for a reason. Third parties account for the majority of sales period.

This is what wii-u lacks. MArio didn't make much difference for wii-u, ps4 and x1 has too much brand power to not sell well. Same reason ps1 and ps2 dominated nintendo, is happening to wii-u. PS4 is also way too strong in europe and US compared to wii-u. You cnanot sustain saloes without all these third party developers on board. PS4 x1 has it wii-u doesn;t

If games and price only mattered, we would still be buiying old consoles.

DietSoap said:

Yes. Imagine that. People want to play a variety of games. Also, no... Wii U will not drop to 200 dollars... Unless it's a fire sale