By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Will Probably Outsell Wii U by Spring Globally - Michael Pachter

Max King of the Wild said:
Zero999 said:

"There’s a ton of PS4 games coming out around March. Exclusives like Infamous: Second Son, releasing on Mar. 21, and other highly anticipated titles like Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Thief, Basement Crawl and Planetside 2 will push those who are on the fence about buying a next-generation console. The Wii U, in comparison, has few titles coming out around that time. The only one which has any potential to bring gamers to the console is Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze."

omg, resorting to saying ff 14 and other cross gen are system sellers. also, donkey kong releases a good month BEFORE those ps4 saviors and there's a little known indie title called mario kart 8 releasing late march at the earliest.

he also seems to think wii u sales will be bellow 0 for the next months.

Ps4 isnt the Wii U. It doesn't need anything to save it. It is healthy and easily surpass the Wii U in short enough time. Just stop. Admit you were completely wrong withh Wii U able to reach 10m that you adjusted to 8mil that you missed by a huge amount anyway and you were wrong about X1 and Ps4 not going to be able to reach 2 mil

sure,whatever makes you sleep at night.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Rafux said:
Zero999 said:
DerNebel said:
Zero999 said:

“I am pretty sure the Wii U will still be ahead in March, but PS4 is going to pass it in 2014 at some point. PS4 will only be at 5-5.5 million by March, Wii U should be a hair ahead of that. Probably April or May,” said Pachter.

I thought this guy couldn't get more stupid. guess I was wrong.

Thanks for your opinion on someone elses console sales prediction Mr "10.2mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2013" and "22mil Wii Us sold by the end of 2014"

thank you for the useless thread derailment quote.

Its completely fair that he call you out on your terrible predictions like when you said that PS4/X1 won't sell because Wii U wasn't selling.

I never said ps4k/xone won't sell because wii u wasn't selling, thanks for the lie. ps4k/xone won't sell after holidays  because they don't have what it takes to do it (price and games).

yes you did

Zero999 said:
Rafux said:

Its completely fair that he call you out on your terrible predictions like when you said that PS4/X1 won't sell because Wii U wasn't selling.

I never said ps4k/xone won't sell because wii u wasn't selling, thanks for the lie. ps4k/xone won't sell after holidays  because they don't have what it takes to do it (price and games).

yes you did

I don't think it's worth it trying to reason with him.

Nem said:
vivster said:
Nem said:
How about telling us how much its gonna outsell the X1 aswell?

Oh.. ofc... cause the shock value is in running their mouth about Nintendo.

It tells me everything about how partial he is.

Another one who is incapable of reading an article.

"GamerFitNation suspected that the PS4 would outsell the Wii U by March, and we contacted Pachter, managing director of equity research for Wedbush Securities, for his opinion." 

He was asked for confirmation for a specific question. Why would he include the X1 in it?

Also this number isn't even knew. He just reitterated something he said a month ago.

Another one that doesnt undertand principles.

Do you really expect me to give more hits to such an article? I dont incentivate this type of knee jerk news.

All you're telling me is the question was loaded. But Pachter wasnt shy to take the potshot.

No I am telling you that the portion I quoted is in the first post of this very thread, which you already clicked. So you're not even reading past the first paragraph.

Second, the question wasn't loaded. The question was: "Do you think the PS4 will outsell the Wii U in spring?"

He answered yes and then quoted himself for a number he already gave a month ago.

But of course I understand that an X1 fanboy would always include the X1 in any topic regardless if it was mentioned or not.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Alright guys, let's move away from Zero's horrible horrible predictions and back onto the topic at hand please.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:

Sales isn't just a neat factor of price and games. It's also about innovation, consumer trust and expectation on how the market or a certain brand is going to develop. Otherwise old consoles would go on selling forever because they would always get cheaper and have more games around.

VGPolyglot said:

I dont think so either but I definitly felt compelled to correct his flip flop.

eyeofcore said:
eyeofcore said

Too bad it won't happen, I wish that was possible to make you happy yet that won't happen and you shiuld brace yourself when that doesn't happen because my heart won't be broken yet yours it will...I have three words for you; DO THE RESEARCH

What research? the research the Ps4 is outselling the Wii U while missing a major territory? The research that the Ps4 is selling as much as they can ship? Something the Wii U never did. What research? The research that Ps4 will have a more consistant software release schedule and more 3rd party supprt than the Wii U?

Failure... PlayStation 4 is outselling Wii U because it launched recently and Sony saved up enough stocks to meet the demand as much as possible and that is why they delayed PlayStation 4 launch in Japan, you would be getting the same number if PlayStation 4 was also launched in Japan on the same date as the world wide launch...

Now Sony is going to starve other regions and focus on Japan and try battle Nintendo on their turf/fortress...

So did the Wii U and it was sold out before launch also and your assumption that Wii U never did that is fallacy.

If PlayStation 4 sales drastically drop and sales of some 3rd party games fail then don't be surprised if some 3rd party developers also abandon the ship... Don't say it is impossible, it is possible... Specially if games flop on it. More 3rd party support does not mean more people buying the console, exclusives should be in the first place. First party titles... If first party titles are not good then people will have less reasons to buy the system.

People that currently buy PlayStation 4 are the hardcore Sony fans like hardcore Nintendo fans bought Wii U at launch.

this +10

truth in all sense.

34 years playing games.

VGPolyglot said:
Zero999 said:
Rafux said:

yes you did

and yet it is more easy to reason with you? isn't it? ;) lol

34 years playing games.

Teriol said:

this +10

truth in all sense.

Truth? You mean the article written a week before Wii U launch saying its sold out when it sells worse than Vita? That truth? Are you telling me you think Nintendo was only able to supply 40k to UK?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4933857

Somewhere in one of those threads Kowenicki posts a "in stock now" website that showed Wii U didn't sell out in the UK... so yeah.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4933877

Edit: And look... I found the post.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4934204

Nintendo said they sold out but retail said they were in stock. Journalist don't fact check and post nonsense stories when a simple search would have shown stock. Wii U did NOT sell out at launch

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4934322

(And how I remembered Kowenicki's post)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4934310

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4934328