By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS/Vita comparative future release schedule

ryuzaki57 said:

Now this is interesting. Despite the crushing 3DS sales, Japanese publishers are backing away from the system pretty fast. They seem to recon that Vita is the best environment and SquareEnix is actually the last one to fully back the 3DS. Ironically enough, Capcom, which made a fortune thanks for the 3DS, has currently no project on the system. Several others, including big ones like NamcoBandai or Sega, seem to have definitely said goodbye to the Nintendo's formidable handheld. Can this paradox be explained?

Of course, all that can change quickly. 3DS is known to have surprise announcement in Japan, and Vita might very well get ports of 3DS 2013 games. But as it now, 2014 seems to be the year of the Vita in Japan, although I don't expect it to come any closer to 3DS sales.

Most certainly. Most of the companies you meninoed in particular seem to have lots of plans for more mobile software.  If Mobile software is showing a high enough return it might be a better return on investment making more mobile phone games than full blown handhel titles. I mean they get 70% of the asking price on iOS/Android and only what  a maximum of 25% on a boxed retail title. 

I hate to add to the OMGz Phones are Killing Handhelds. When the largest firms would rather invest in mobile titles rather than full console releases....

Around the Network
pezus said:
Vita has the single biggest game on handhelds anyway (Minecraft). It will sell dozens of millions on Vita

I'm confused, are you saying Minecraft Vita will be the biggest game between the two handhelds? Or are you saying that this is the biggest title to ever come out on the handhelds? On top of that are you saying it will sell 12,24,36 etc. million on the vita? 

Are you being sarcastic in all this and I missed it Pezus.

Capcom is redoing Monster Hunter Frontier and renaming it GG, i guess to polish it and make it worthwhile for the Vita.

Level 5 has Wonder Flick, the cross RPG with a vita version.

Tecmo Koei is coming out with Deception IV for vita as well

http://www.kancolle-vita.com/

I don't think anyone is prepared for this incoming dreadnought.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Acevil said:
pezus said:
Vita has the single biggest game on handhelds anyway (Minecraft). It will sell dozens of millions on Vita

I'm confused, are you saying Minecraft Vita will be the biggest game between the two handhelds? Or are you saying that this is the biggest title to ever come out on the handhelds? On top of that are you saying it will sell 12,24,36 etc. million on the vita? 

I'm actually saying that Minecraft is the most popular game to come out on handhelds that hasn't been priced for $.99 or less on mobile.

Still really confused. Pokemon?

Didn't we learn our lesson last year? At most we can compare the first 6 months of the year, but no more. Consider that at this time last year, Pokemon X/Y, Link Between Worlds, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Mario Party Island Tour, and more 3DS games had not yet been announced. We might presently know at most a third of the games coming to these systems in 2014.

i remember a while after gamescom 2012 when sony just announced KZ mercenary and tearaway and had some other games announced for vita like Guacamelee. i thought all those games were coming for Vita in Q1, cuz you know, it wouldnt make sense to have just 2 big games for the entire year, but Sony proved me wrong. anyways i was arguing Vita would have more games than 3DS in 2013 XD boy did i eat crow!! well, this thread reminded me of it lol

There are many games missing on Japan's list... You can check Play-Asia to have an idea of what's coming (not entirely accurate, but good enough):

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-27-71-18l-49-en.html#C1636 (3DS Japanese list)

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-27-71-1aa-49-en.html#C1698 (PSVita Japanese list)

Also, Digimon Story (Vita) is confirmed for 2015:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/16/digimon-story-evolves-playstation-vita-2015/

As a note here, I just want to point out that evaluating 3rd party support by quantity of games is quite misleading... The nature of said support is what matters. For that you have to look at who's publishing the game, what are the expectations sales-wise, whether it is exclusive, multiplatform or port/remake, etc.

pezus said:
Acevil said:
pezus said:
Acevil said:
pezus said:

I'm actually saying that Minecraft is the most popular game to come out on handhelds that hasn't been priced for $.99 or less on mobile.

Still really confused. Pokemon?

Is not as big as Minecraft. We're looking at something like 12-18m for a modern day Pokemon game was "the sky is the limit" for Minecraft. It has already sold over 40m, if I'm not mistaken.

Hmm sorry, but can you quote be the price of Minecraft on the vita versus PC and Xboxlive. I really don't think Minecraft on Vita will sell as well as you are discussing. I still think you are joking.