By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS/Vita comparative future release schedule

Chandler said:

[2] Oh shit it's a ranking, thats a lot of hard facts to prove your point....not. Even if this unsourced number of Valhalla Knights 3 holds true (I actually wanted to buy it in the recent sale, but what a shitty game this is) all that can be said is that the other 9 entries sold 20,001 units and so one. I'm pretty sure Animal Crossings 700k digital sales in Japan by february 2013 alone smoke the whole top ten on the Vita.

Pretty sure animal crossing isn't a 3rd party game

Around the Network
ryuzaki57 said:
Chandler said:

[2] Oh shit it's a ranking, thats a lot of hard facts to prove your point....not. Even if this unsourced number of Valhalla Knights 3 holds true (I actually wanted to buy it in the recent sale, but what a shitty game this is) all that can be said is that the other 9 entries sold 20,001 units and so one. I'm pretty sure Animal Crossings 700k digital sales in Japan by february 2013 alone smoke the whole top ten on the Vita.

Pretty sure animal crossing isn't a 3rd party game

Pretty sure there would be first party games in PS Vitas list if Sony actually bothered to release games on their own platform.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

I sure hope Monster Hunter 4 and Dragon Quest VII get localized! I don't think it's less likely though, Monster Hunter 4 has good chances of getting a localization next year!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

SnowPrince said:
Lucas-Rio said:
Vita is pretty much a discontinued platform and software sells close to nothing on it. The games who have sold more than 500 000 on Vita must be counted with less than one hand.

To the contrary, the 3DS has a virtual monopoly now on handled sales. Like the last MC report showed, 30 games in the top 30 were 3DS games, and 3 only were on Vita.

Even the struggling Wii U and the dead PS placed more titles.

Vita is finished in 2014.

Vita: Don't hate on me, you know mah swag but not mah story.

Vita is getting some awesome games from Japan, I hope they localize em for later 2014 as Shin Gundam Musou, Battle Pentagram, Disgaea 4.

And you forgot to mention DBZ: Battle of Z even if no one is actually interested in that game.

Where are these flurries? All I see is D rated games with very low sale potential. Battle Pentagram? Are you even serious?

The big games are on 3DS, the cheap clones and D rated games are on Vita and don't sell.

30 3DS games in the top 50, 3 Vita games... It's telling enough.

Didn't Batman Blackgate, Conception II and a few of the other 3DS/Vita multi platform releases sell better on Vita than 3DS in 2013? Not that there have been many cross format titles released.

But with 3rd party sales of smaller titles so low on 3DS. Vita does actually look like the better punt for more niche releases. Especially thanks to much less competition from big guns.

3DS hardware also constricts development a lot more which if software sales of smaller titles are going to be roughly similar regardless of format means smaller developers probably find Vita a more exciting development prospect anyway.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

What is this list based on? I feel like it is missing quite a lot. Especially in the indies section.
-Cosmic Star Heroine
-Counter Spy
-Dead Nation Vita
-Fez
-Minecraft
-Possibly Mighty #9.

And full titles like Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, MLB 14:The Show, Natural Doctrine.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159298&page=1

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Lucas-Rio said:

Vita is getting some awesome games from Japan, I hope they localize em for later 2014 as Shin Gundam Musou, Battle Pentagram, Disgaea 4.

And you forgot to mention DBZ: Battle of Z even if no one is actually interested in that game.

Where are these flurries? All I see is D rated games with very low sale potential. Battle Pentagram? Are you even serious?

None of those are D-rated in Japan. 3DS gets a couple of D-rated games in Japan though, but no one knows about that since they bomb hard.

forevercloud3000 said:
What is this list based on? I feel like it is missing quite a lot. Especially in the indies section.
-Cosmic Star Heroine
-Counter Spy
-Dead Nation Vita
-Fez
-Minecraft
-Possibly Mighty #9.

And full titles like Soul Sacrifice Delta, Freedom Wars, MLB 14:The Show, Natural Doctrine.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=159298&page=1

Mighty #9 is 2015 last i heard. Cant wait for the game, looking good for early progress

Will GR2 come out in the west 2014?

ryuzaki57 said:
Lucas-Rio said:

None of those are D-rated in Japan. 3DS gets a couple of D-rated games in Japan though, but no one knows about that since they bomb hard.

30 3DS games in the top 50. 3 Vita games.

I understand you don't like numbers. Vita games aren't selling anything.

The last "big Vita games", God Eater 2, did quite poorly. The others don't even chart.

Poorly? Tecmo-Koei and Marvelous increased their profit forecasts citing stronger than expected Vita software sales and I understand God Eater 2 exceeded Namco's expectations?

But I'm sure they just say that to lie to their investors.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.