By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 has already outdone Wii's launch holiday by almost 500k (with 1.5 weeks to go)

The PS4 won't keep up with the Wii. However, it is a marathon not a sprint. The PS brand sells wonderfully for a longer period of time. The PS4 will be ahead in the end.

Around the Network
Roma said:
FATALITY said:

Roma said:
it makes no sense why so many are buying it. I mean all this for better grapix -yes and better performance. its a natural upgrade

and no games in the top 10? what?

ah sorry missed Fifa in Europe.. wait wtf a fucking football game?

ha ha ha ha ha you are funny.

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Dream_While_Awake said:
I don't think it will because it doesn't have a "Wii Sports" or something new like motion controls.

Sales won't be consistent enough. The PS4 hasn't launched in Japan yet either so it might stay ahead for a while but not too long.

Now CoD and BF4 are popular games that casual gamers are playing.

Look at the poor sales of Wii Party U.

Sony don't need games like "Wii Sports" to be attractive to casual market.  They need multiplayer games. 

I'd rather have the ps4 selling the same way the ps2 did instead of the faddy wii

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

pezus said:

It will launch in Japan in less than two months. Demand should still be high by then.

Demand might still be high but how high? Wii was still selling 250K during the middle of Summer.

PS4 is going to be a great selling system in the long-run but I doubt it'll do Wii numbers at the start.

Around the Network

PS4 is the next PS2. Its gonna dominate, world will color blue once more.

Probably not. All those casuals already own a Wii so why buy into the non-casual PS4. Though I see a great holiday next year coming which could keep it on Wii's level for another year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Sony just need to track as sony to be satisfying... You may choose PS1 or PS2 or PS3 after 2010, always been great.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Roma said:
it makes no sense why so many are buying it. I mean all this for better grapix and no games in the top 10?

My take, is that this gen has gone for too long it is a lot of gamers impulse buying to get ito the new gen. Things will slow but should stay steady with the constant release of games.

The PS4 will not have the same momentum as the Wii had, but it will have far better legs. I see no reason why it should not outsell the Wii in the longrun

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!