By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 starts dominating - outsells WiiU and X1 combined (Read OP, please)

selnor1983 said:
Its difficult to know supply times within first few months. Ps4 Software seems low against console sales?
if accurate. ice week for Sony.

You mean Sony's got this one "in the cooler"?  Yeap, pretty much. 

Around the Network
Cheebee said:
prayformojo said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said

Also, nothing will come close? 3ds says hi!

He was talking about home consoles. Consoles and handhelds don't compete with one another.

Ah, but they do. Only on forums such as this they sometimes don't when it's closemindedly convenient, but in reality they do, very much.

You can claim they're not in competition until you're blue in the face - they compete on the only front that matters in the end: for the money and time consumers are willing to spend on such entertainment, and that's a simple truth and fact, whether anyone likes it or not. There's just no way around it. Tablets and smartphones compete with handhelds and consoles for that matter, too, and are destroying all of them in sales.

With your reasoning, HBO,Netflix, the internet, Direct TV, sporting events, plays, movies and county fairs are in direct competition with Wii-U. haha

bobfulci said:
Ljink96 said:
dsp333 said:
DevilRising said:
I do hope you don't seriously think that level of weekly sales if going to maintain for long past the holidays.

Agreed, there's no way in hell the Wii U will continue to sell even half as well as the PS4 once January begins.

You do understand that Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are coming out next year right? Just asking...

You know, Nintendo has an AMAZING group of games already on shelves and another batch of AMAZING games coming soon. Now, combine that with a price drop and lwt's see where this generation goes. I remember people laughing about the 3DS and it's lackluster sales UNTIL the price drop. Who's laughing now? I am not sure why some people here have such a huge problem with Nintendo but you are missing out on some really fun games!

The problem remains that Nintendo won't succumb to our need for overkill systems and use of guns and gore for every game. We feel that games that look childish are childish and fun isn't without its violence. This is why Nintendo is starting to fail in the US. Don't get me wrong, their presence here is strong still and the existence of videogames owes itself to them, but they aren't as popular as they use to be. Super Mario 3D World is probably the best Mario game ever but the sales won't show it. Instead we'll see games like Mario Bros take the spot. Their popularity is dying and so is this world of ours, I guess for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Sorry for going all crazy but that's how I feel about the company I grew up with.

They would try to change the subject to the 3DS's monster sales.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

The difference will only grow after Japan and other areas launch.

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
dsp333 said:
DevilRising said:
I do hope you don't seriously think that level of weekly sales if going to maintain for long past the holidays.

Agreed, there's no way in hell the Wii U will continue to sell even half as well as the PS4 once January begins.

You do understand that Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are coming out next year right? Just asking...

You do understand that games like Mario 3D world and NMSB Wii U barely led to an increase in Wii U sales? 
And you do understand without tripple A games at the moment such as Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 5 (which are coming out next year) PS4 is still dominating the Wii U. Heck its doing that with barely any supply at the moment and no release in Japan until next year. I doubt games like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros are going to cause any damage to the PS4.

that sales ratio (over 4:1 ps4:xbone) in europe is just jaw dropping. i know xbox isn't out in every territory but it is out in the biggest territories.

...if ps4 can keep outselling xbone in us (even if it is only by a little bit) this will be a very one sided generation.

dsage01 said:
Ljink96 said:
dsp333 said:
DevilRising said:

You do understand that games like Mario 3D world and NMSB Wii U barely led to an increase in Wii U sales? 
And you do understand without tripple A games at the moment such as Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 5 (which are coming out next year) PS4 is still dominating the Wii U. Heck its doing that with barely any supply at the moment and no release in Japan until next year. I doubt games like Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros are going to cause any damage to the PS4.

Why are we talking about damage, you guys take this thing waaay to far. This isn't  a war. If you were like the president who houses that PS4 you would understand that. Every company vies on the other's existance. Maybe Mario won't save Nintendo this time around but what matters most is profit and the 3DS is probably making up for Wii U's failures and then some. I have nothing against the PS4, there will be great games on it just as there will be on any other console. I'm just saying, Mario Kart and Smash Bros have outsold 3D Mario/2D Mario ever since the Gamecube. Hopefully at least 5 million of the 33 million that bought Mario Kart Wii will return once more. I don't care who dominates, as long as I get good games. Life is much easier when you play games because they are fun.

prayformojo said:
Cheebee said:
prayformojo said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said

Also, nothing will come close? 3ds says hi!

He was talking about home consoles. Consoles and handhelds don't compete with one another.

Ah, but they do. Only on forums such as this they sometimes don't when it's closemindedly convenient, but in reality they do, very much.

You can claim they're not in competition until you're blue in the face - they compete on the only front that matters in the end: for the money and time consumers are willing to spend on such entertainment, and that's a simple truth and fact, whether anyone likes it or not. There's just no way around it. Tablets and smartphones compete with handhelds and consoles for that matter, too, and are destroying all of them in sales.

With your reasoning, HBO,Netflix, the internet, Direct TV, sporting events, plays, movies and county fairs are in direct competition with Wii-U. haha

These comments are so absurd! What is wrong with you people?

No, you can not apply the reasoning that 3DS has a lot to do with the gaming industry to HBO, netflix etc. Those companies are not actively involved in the gaming industry. The revenue they recieve from their sales and services do not go into making more games because they are not in the gaming industry. On the other hand, 3DS is helping Nintendo keep afloat, getting more third party support and bringing consumers to the Wii U. Therefore, it can absolutely be compared to the PS4, because the PS4 is also getting Sony revenue which it puts into marketing and making games. Now tell me, how is this difficult to understand?

Bu like you always claim this site undertracked and overtracked so how can this thread even be valid by your standards?

Oh wait it suits your agenda so now you have no problems.