By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 starts dominating - outsells WiiU and X1 combined (Read OP, please)

el_gallo said:
prayformojo said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said

Also, nothing will come close? 3ds says hi!

He was talking about home consoles. Consoles and handhelds don't compete with one another.

Of course they compete with each other. Everything competes with each other. If you spend money on one item, you have less available for another item. Plus you start buying into one ecosystem and that might lead to other purchases within the same ecosystem.

Certainly if someone said they would ponder a PS Vita because they have a PS3 and PS+ and they would have free games for it each month that would make total sense to everyone. It would also make sense that they would now have fewer dollars available to buy a WiiU because of the amount of money they have invested in PS hardware and software.

The reverse is true as well.

You're wrong. You must not have grasped we're in La-La-Land where the PS4 only competes with X1 and WiiU, and the 3DS only with Vita, and nothing else. 'Cos that wouldn't be fair, you know.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
xenogears1234 said:
vivster said:
Cheebee said:
prayformojo said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said

Also, nothing will come close? 3ds says hi!

He was talking about home consoles. Consoles and handhelds don't compete with one another.

Ah, but they do. Only on forums such as this they sometimes don't when it's closemindedly convenient, but in reality they do, very much.

You can claim they're not in competition until you're blue in the face - they compete on the only front that matters in the end: for the money and time consumers are willing to spend on such entertainment, and that's a simple truth and fact, whether anyone likes it or not. There's just no way around it. Tablets and smartphones compete with handhelds and consoles for that matter, too, and are destroying all of them in sales.

Especially if you say that handhelds and home consoles are both competing for the time and money of consumers it is not a fair comparison.

Fact 1: Consumers have significantly more time to spend on handhelds

Fact 2: They don't have to spend as much money on handhelds

That makes them by design a significantly better deal than consoles. So much that they're not in a feasible realm for comparison. Also they have for the most part a different target audience.

It's like comparing smartphones to desktop PCs.

Since when did people start considering handhelds on equal ground for competing in something called THE CONSOLE WAR cause if the 3ds is competing head to head with the 3 actual consoles its over, and we can just say its the winner based on current numbers.  Now see how silly that sounds consoles are consoles handhelds are handhelds congrats on the 3ds doing what its doing, but in terms of this site the only thing the 3ds is up against is the psp/psv, and the ds.

The 3DS is a handheld CONSOLE as is the Vita. and yes they are on equal ground. It seems to me the only people who are quick to discount handhelds are people who have some kind of weird grudge against Nintendo.

Try to do at least ONE good deed everyday....

PS4 will win this gen no doubt. However, I don't think Nintendo cares whose console outsold whose as long as that hand-held keeps up. That also outsold the PS4+Xbone together. But we just seem to ignore that. But I understand, comparing apples to apples. Just stating the obvious that people seem to overscan.

Its difficult to know supply times within first few months. Ps4 Software seems low against console sales?
if accurate. ice week for Sony.

dsp333 said:
DevilRising said:
I do hope you don't seriously think that level of weekly sales if going to maintain for long past the holidays.

Agreed, there's no way in hell the Wii U will continue to sell even half as well as the PS4 once January begins.

You do understand that Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are coming out next year right? Just asking...

Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
dsp333 said:
DevilRising said:
I do hope you don't seriously think that level of weekly sales if going to maintain for long past the holidays.

Agreed, there's no way in hell the Wii U will continue to sell even half as well as the PS4 once January begins.

You do understand that Smash Bros. and Mario Kart are coming out next year right? Just asking...

You know, Nintendo has an AMAZING group of games already on shelves and another batch of AMAZING games coming soon. Now, combine that with a price drop and lwt's see where this generation goes. I remember people laughing about the 3DS and it's lackluster sales UNTIL the price drop. Who's laughing now? I am not sure why some people here have such a huge problem with Nintendo but you are missing out on some really fun games!

Try to do at least ONE good deed everyday....

It begins....

I can't being to imagine what's going to happen when the PS4's supply actually meets or exceeds demand.

That's about a month earlier than i expected, thought supply issues would keep PS4 and XOne close until January, PS4 was going to dominate nonetheless.

Lenny93 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cheebee said:
Also, 3DS outsold PS4 + Xbone combined.
Also, X360 outsold Xbone by 100k, but 3DS still outsold it + PS4, combined.
Also, 3DS outsold Vita by over 900k.

3DS dominates everything.

Yeah, the 3DS is a handheld which can be purchased for less than $200. Of course its going to be easier to pick up. Even i was contemplating buying one just because it was so cheap. It shouldnt be compared to main consols though.

Based on this logic, we shouldn't compare Wii U sales to XBox one sales because of the price disparity. PS vita is cheaper than the new gen consoles but isn't selling better. People are buying the 3DS because they want it, not just because of it's price.

Not true. I said consoles should be separated from handhelds completely. Handhelds are more affordable at launch than consoles and available to take around with you. Different group of gamers. It seems some people in Japan dont even play consoles anymore, but still pick up handhelds. 

The Vita has no known characters for it and Sony wont subject game development of their second tier characters solely to the Vita like Nintendo does with theirs. They lack the games and the approachable television shows. That and no Monster Hunter that I know of. 

Sony made the PSP because Nintedo had a handheld without competition. Separate group.