By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 starts dominating - outsells WiiU and X1 combined (Read OP, please)

chapset said:
Zod95 said:
chapset said:
Zod95 said:

Ok, I think there is no need to quarrel like that. What Fatality was trying to say is that we have the home console market (which is the focus of this thread) that is part of the console market (home console + handheld), which is part of the videogaming business (console + PC + smartphone + tablet + other devices). Since we are focusing on home consoles, 3DS is not relevant here. That's all.

I should refrain from trying sarcasm with Sony fans you guys are to blinded by the love of sony, my original post was mearly just a summary of what was post by most nintendo fans in this thread and what to be expected from them in the future when ever the wii U sales are being discuss but of course a Sony fan went full defence mode for whatever reason.

I tell you the "whatever reason": I am neither a Sony fan nor in full defence mode. I am a gamer like you that likes games and videogaming discussion (that's why I'm here). I try to be as neutral as possible and I avoid summarizing what Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo fans post. I would rather have my own opinion.

I think that you and Fatality were escalating for no reason. I just tried to show you the bottom line of what is at stake (which I think is very easy to understand). WiiU, PS4 and XOne are competitors and they are the focus of this thread. Does the 3DS affect their sales? Maybe...so does the smartphones and tablets...and even the prices of oil, food, water and houses. But that's not what is being discussed here.

Can you understand the logic of this thread? I mean, you don't need to agree with it and you can even tell us why it is misleading in your opinion. But can you understand the logic?

ah you are new here lol , you don't get the vgchartz humour yet :D merry new year bud

Oh, that was a staged joke between you and Fatality all along? Seems hard to believe...but ok. Merry new year for you too!

Prediction made in 14/01/2014 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 70M      WiiU: 25M

Prediction made in 01/04/2016 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 100M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 18M

Prediction made in 15/04/2017 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 90M      XOne: 40M      WiiU: 15M      Switch: 20M

Prediction made in 24/03/2018 for 31/12/2020:      PS4: 110M      XOne: 50M      WiiU: 14M      Switch: 65M

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
morenoingrato said:
How can the posters be so insolent? How dare they bring the 3DS to the discussion?!

It just doesn't fit in people's agendas.

Bolded for truth. That's all it really is. Because factually they can piss and moan about how the comparison is "faulty" and "stupid", but isn't that what the entire thread is based on in the first place? Xbone is available in like 13 markets, isn't PS4 close to 50 now? I would hope it would outsell it with that big a difference. And we all know what the Wii U has done sales wise. But as you said, agendas. Adorable little agendas. And now they even want people banned for posting. Guess we should bow out, toodles.

You guys need to stop using the poor excuse of smaller country numbers, since the fact is each company will sell out of what they ship, regardless of where they go.  Well, at least that's a fact for the PS4.  Unfortunately for MS, their shipments are exceeding demand, especially in EU.  And that's because MS isn't greatly outshipping the PS4 WW (which is a ridiculous notion), but because the Xbox One has lower demand, regardless of how many countries it launches in.

thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:
morenoingrato said:
How can the posters be so insolent? How dare they bring the 3DS to the discussion?!

Bolded for truth. That's all it really is. Because factually they can piss and moan about how the comparison is "faulty" and "stupid", but isn't that what the entire thread is based on in the first place? Xbone is available in like 13 markets, isn't PS4 close to 50 now? I would hope it would outsell it with that big a difference. And we all know what the Wii U has done sales wise. But as you said, agendas. Adorable little agendas. And now they even want people banned for posting. Guess we should bow out, toodles.

You guys need to stop using the poor excuse of smaller country numbers, since the fact is each company will sell out of what they ship, regardless of where they go.  Well, at least that's a fact for the PS4.  Unfortunately for MS, their shipments are exceeding demand, especially in EU.  And that's because MS isn't greatly outshipping the PS4 WW (which is a ridiculous notion), but because the Xbox One has lower demand, regardless of how many countries it launches in.

You'll never bring back these men to reason

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Lenny93 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Cheebee said:
Also, 3DS outsold PS4 + Xbone combined.
Also, X360 outsold Xbone by 100k, but 3DS still outsold it + PS4, combined.
Also, 3DS outsold Vita by over 900k.

3DS dominates everything.

Yeah, the 3DS is a handheld which can be purchased for less than $200. Of course its going to be easier to pick up. Even i was contemplating buying one just because it was so cheap. It shouldnt be compared to main consols though.

Based on this logic, we shouldn't compare Wii U sales to XBox one sales because of the price disparity. PS vita is cheaper than the new gen consoles but isn't selling better. People are buying the 3DS because they want it, not just because of it's price.

Yes, it has the games they want to play, because in the end the rationale for buying any game system is what games has in its library. 

Lets also compare Mobile Phone sales since they play games too :D

I mean why stop with a handheld on a console discussion? :D

Around the Network
pezus said:
~kao said:
D-dont worry guys, t-the ps4 has supply issues!!! It will cleary outsell all the console sumed up

I wouldn't go that far. Also, there's no reason to stutter when using a keyboard.

Maybe you didnt get it, maybe i didnt get that you get it and now you are being sarcastic

Curse on you, internet!

Aerys said:
thismeintiel said:

You'll never bring back these men to reason

Lol, I know.  But, it's fun trying. 

thismeintiel said:
J_Allard said:
morenoingrato said:

What's this "you guys" and "stop using" stuff? I have brought that up exactly one time, on my own accord with no persuasion from anyone else, and mostly in a mocking manner to show you can always come up with something stupid to discredit a comparison (see: this thread regarding 3DS). Hope that helps.

JohnMeyers said:

DonFerrari said:
And iPhone5 is destroying 3DS in sales... There I can be silly as some fans.

Yes it is, unfortunately. But it's not related, since apple isn't really in the gaming industry.

Yeah they tried before in the the mid 90's with the Apple Pipin it was an utter failure lol. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Bandai_Pippin

J_Allard said:
thismeintiel said:

What's this "you guys" and "stop using" stuff? I have brought that up exactly one time, on my own accord with no persuasion from anyone else, and mostly in a mocking manner to show you can always come up with something stupid to discredit a comparison (see: this thread regarding 3DS). Hope that helps.

Lol, some have used that excuse besides you.  Has nothing to do with "you guys" meeting in a group and deciding your talking points.  That would be kinda sad if that were the case.  And we both know you didn't word that in a way to show it as "something stupid to discredit a comparison."