By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Super Mario 3D World will outsell Super Mario Sunshine?

Tagged games:

Is 3D World able top Sunshine?

Yes 178 74.79%

No 47 19.75%

Same 13 5.46%

Total:238

Random note: Wii U 8gb Skylanders edition is $199 in Canada! Spread the word!

Tried to create a thread but keep getting an error message :S

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
NYANKS said:
Pavolink said:
NPD will be fun.

Do you think Wii U is overtracked?  I'd love to hear some opinions on VGC's representation of things.

I believe 3DWorld is. And expect some meltdowns.

How much do you expect Pavolink? I expect a 600k overtracking. Seems reasonable!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Anfebious said:
Pavolink said:
NYANKS said:
Pavolink said:
NPD will be fun.

Do you think Wii U is overtracked?  I'd love to hear some opinions on VGC's representation of things.

How much do you expect Pavolink? I expect a 600k overtracking. Seems reasonable!

Something in between 100-150k overall. Once Nintendo releases oficial numbers (counting digital sales) I believe it will be almost spot on.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Anfebious said:
Pavolink said:
NYANKS said:
Pavolink said:
NPD will be fun.

Something in between 100-150k overall. Once Nintendo releases oficial numbers (counting digital sales) I believe it will be almost spot on.

Hmm a little to low for me but ok! I do think this game will never reach the sales of Super Mario Sunshine though.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I think that if the WiiU's install base happens to reach 30 million, then SM3DW will surpass the SMS numbers. Also, if SM3DW gets bundled in the future there's a higher chance that it will outsell SMS, however, another 3D Mario can affect its possibilities.

Around the Network

The people that insult 3d world are the ones who claim that 3d world and 3d land are a different type of game than the traditional 3d mario games (64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1 and 2). If that is the case, than this games sales should only be compared to 3d land in order to tell if it's a success. We don't compare the 2d marios to the 3d marios in sales because they are different games that appeal to different types of gamers. Some people will say "derpa derpa every mario game is the same derpa derpa" but this logic is just plain wrong. I love Mario Strickers and Tennis but I'm not the biggest fan of Mario Golf games; this has nothing to do with mario and everything to do with gameplay. The same can be said for 3d world (I may love or hate it, haven't played it yet), it can't be compared to ANYTHING but the ONLY game that it is truly similar to; 3d land for 3ds.

And even making that comparison is unfair because 3d land is on a cheaper console, the game costs less (even at launch) compared to 3d world, and the console sold way more prior to the launch of the game compared to the Wii U.

Overall, there truly is no way to fairly compare the sales of 3d World to any other game. I just look at it as a game that has already sold 1million worldwide on 1 console with a very low userbase. Know what that says to me? Success!