By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - so.. I just got U'd

I got one for Christmas too. Mario 3d world is awesome, and pikmin too.

I think new super Mario bros 2 is kinda blah though.

Around the Network
ishiki said:
I got one for Christmas too. Mario 3d world is awesome, and pikmin too.

i just saw a stack of em in futreshop (250), had a 100 gift card and impule won over.

3d or pikmen for sure are next.

ishiki said:

That's a 3DS game.  The one for Wii U is called New Super Mario Bros U.  They are so easy to mix up that I've seen retailers have to post flyers just to inform customers they are separate games.

Definitely one of the worst marketing ideas out of a long list of bad marketing ideas from Nintendo lately.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

BeElite said:

What are some cool games and other functions, first nin console for me since Snes.

U pad is a bit of a bitch to get used to playin on, is there a nes like controller ?

When is X coming!!!

hurry and by these cards on sale.  

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/save-on-nintendo-eshop-cards-115703

20% off sale + 10% back from deluxe promo + 10% off no taxes + 10% back from club nintendo rewards = $30 games (formerly $60).  

Viper1 said:
ishiki said:

That's a 3DS game.  The one for Wii U is called New Super Mario Bros U.  They are so easy to mix up that I've seen retailers have to post flyers just to inform customers they are separate games.

Definitely one of the worst marketing ideas out of a long list of bad marketing ideas from Nintendo lately.

Yeah, and I have that game too.

that's my mistake I got the bundled one with luigi u. It's still fun though, just the other games I have are a lot better IMO.

Around the Network

Pikmin 3. GOTY imo, seriously. I've showed it to my sister, cousins, even a friend. They all loved it. ZombiU it's also really good, and is the best use of the gamepad so far. And BLOPS2 it's awesome, Ghosts sucks btw. + all Wii games + a big amount of indie and VC games and free online gameplay. Wii U has potential, but Nintendo is not exactly sure how to show it...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Slarvax said:
Pikmin 3. GOTY imo, seriously. I've showed it to my sister, cousins, even a friend. They all loved it. ZombiU it's also really good, and is the best use of the gamepad so far. And BLOPS2 it's awesome, Ghosts sucks btw. + all Wii games + a big amount of indie and VC games and free online gameplay. Wii U has potential, but Nintendo is not exactly sure how to show it...

i agree, but they need something new.

Not just the same thing from the past two decades.

Gimmi a new action platformer, a racing game thats not Mario nor a attempt at forza/gt.  X might be it if pushed just right.

Man wtf @ only 12 demos on the Wii U eshop. Did I see that right? Terrible.

J_Allard said:
Man wtf @ only 12 demos on the Wii U eshop. Did I see that right? Terrible.

This post seems out of place... but yeah they should have more demos, I would of love to try a pikmin 3 demo (I'm buying it anyway.)

But the problem is you did not name any great reason for people to jump off their PS3s and 360s. You can name some great Wii U games but the PS3 and 360 have countless great games and most, not all of people with a Wii U already have a Wii so BC is not a "huge" deal. The issue the Wii U has is pricing, the people who want to be cheap are going for the PS3 and 360 and the people who want the "best" are going for the PS4 and Xbox One. I intend to get a Wii U down the road (probably after one more price drop) but for now I am happy with my PS4+PS3+PSVita+Gaming PC. There just is not enough great exclusives on the Wii U (yet) that makes me say "I have got to have it". If they ever make it compatible with 3DS games that would be a good reason for me to get one. Is there any specific reason a Wii U could not emulate 3DS games? Is it that they would look bad on a 1080p screen?

As a side note if I had children I would 100% be buying them a Wii U over a PS4 or Xbox One. Nintendo makes the kind of games I think should introduce children to the gaming universe.