By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Numbers Are Up!!! 14 December 2013

pezus said:
benji232 said:

Yea, but if we take the sales of week ending december 15th 2012, the 3DS had sold 318k in the US. This year (week ending december 14 2013) shows that it only sold 309k units. If anything, with pokemon and the 2DS release, I would have thought that it's currently undertracked (for this specific week of course).

I believe 3DS was even overtracked at that point last year. Don't know if that specific week was off but we already know 3DS needs to be adjusted down significantly in the US.

I knew it was overtracked in the UK. But didn't vgchartz adjust the 3ds numbers according to the NPD data every month? 

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network
Mmmfishtacos said:
Cant reply to people on my phone today. They shipped 500 k to Asia and the middle east along with all the other counties they just released in. So id assume the shipped a little more than their per orders and should have sold them all. So yes 500k. 20k is just laughable.

Wouldn't Sony have announced that they have shipped 3 million consoles by now if that were true? It would also be really stupid of Sony to ship that many consoles considering all the supply constraints in NA and Europe.

pezus said:
Dark_Feanor said:
VXIII said:
Dark_Feanor said:
VXIII said:
"Others" equals 19.086 for the PS4 and 18.282 for the One this week. :/

PS4 launched in many countries in the middle east on 13th Dec and mostly out of stock right now, there is no way these numbers are correct imo.

What is the matter if they are soldout, if Sony shipped only 2k or less to each country?

I can't see why would Sony ship 2k for what seems to be their biggest launch. Don't forget  that the One is not avilable outside of the main regions , how come it is selling neck to neck with the PS4 while it is not officially available in "Others" ? it doesn't make sense imo.

Sony made only one shippment of about 4k consoles to Brazil, a country with 200mi people. Reports from Argentina and Chile show they never re-stock there either. You can pre-order only for February.

It dosen´t make sense, I know. But that is how Sony choosed to play.

On the Microsoft side I can assure you, Brazilian never saw a marketing campain that broad for a console (or a tech product) EVER. Metro, newspaper, TV adds... And, there are tons of XOne in every store and they are re-stocked weekly. Half my active Live friends has migrated to the XOne.

Just to destroy your argument once and for all:

PS4 sold 18k in "others" last week.

PS4 launched in a LOT of more "others" countries this week.

PS4 sold 18k in "others" this week

Does that make sense to you? Please, look at the evidence and tell me it makes sense with a straight face.

Yes, it makes.

You are the one that think 18k is too low. I think it´s a Ok number.

It might be adjusted up by 30k and it´s still a reasenable number. Would you think 50K is low either?

Again, dosen´t matter if the PS4 is lauched in those countries if they shipped few units.

Just deal with it.

Leadified said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
Cant reply to people on my phone today. They shipped 500 k to Asia and the middle east along with all the other counties they just released in. So id assume the shipped a little more than their per orders and should have sold them all. So yes 500k. 20k is just laughable.

Wouldn't Sony have announced that they have shipped 3 million consoles by now if that were true? It would also be really stupid of Sony to ship that many consoles considering all the supply constraints in NA and Europe.

exactly. how in the hell would Sony drop 500k out of their main market. EU has a insane demand for PS4 atm.

POE said:
This is undertracked and that is overtracked. Why? Because i say so.

true

Around the Network
pezus said:
POE said:

If you're unable to read and understand arguments for and against, sure. I find posts like these tiresome. We're on a sales discussion forum, what about you?

It would be one thing if people are using evidence as arguments but they're not. 

Leadified said:
Mmmfishtacos said:

that 500k number was a leak, it was never confirmed. 

pezus said:
POE said:

If you're unable to read and understand arguments for and against, sure. I find posts like these tiresome. We're on a sales discussion forum, what about you?

Everyone here is working on the assuptiom that VGC overtracks practically everything. And others are using unoffical numbers...so yeah there's not much room for arguments.

Nintendo and PC gamer

VXIII said:

Ps4 costs 1.850$ in Brazil no ? I'd say 4k is even too much xD

Lets just agree to disagree. Looking at last week numbers, PS4 sold 23.827 in " Others " ... yeah, more that this week when it launched in 11 more countries.

He had the wrong number too... Sony shipped more than 4k to Brasil... between 5-8k.

kowenicki said:

b bu but PS3 will be down by a max of 10% this year and could even be flat in japan and Europe....?

lmao

Seriously.

It is the current gen numbers that are troublesome WiiU, Vita and now even 3DS faltering.  Its actually not great news for the PS4 and ONE.  Next year will be interesting.

Sony shipped less than 12m last year... they will ship 10m this year... that's show for me less than 20% down lol... all depends how much less than 12m they shipped last year (and after the 80m in Nov it is close to 11 million than 12 million).