By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Numbers Are Up!!! 14 December 2013

Fusioncode said:
I'm not buying those 3DS numbers for one second, not after how it was overtracked last month. Also, didn't PS4 have a 500k launch in Asia? Where did those numbers go?

Again, why? 3ds is underperforming in this december compared to last year. And it did not have a fantastic black friday either in 2012. These numbers are far from unbelievable. Unless you provide me with some solid argument of course.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network

Cant reply to people on my phone today. They shipped 500 k to Asia and the middle east along with all the other counties they just released in. So id assume the shipped a little more than their per orders and should have sold them all. So yes 500k. 20k is just laughable.

lol fighting already i see.

I will wait for end of Jan for the real numbers when they are revised.

In the mean time i will enjoy my gaming on my time off lol.

ethomaz said:

Dark_Feanor said:

Yes, about 20k.

20k for LA + Oceania + Asia + Mid-East.

lol

You know that no store in SA where ever re-stock since launch, no?

My friend just went back from Paraguay, you can find a three-headed dog (end for a lower price) easier than a PS4.

Dark_Feanor said:

You know that no store in SA where ever re-stock since launch, no?

My friend just went back from Paraguay, you can find a three-headed dog (end for a lower price) easier than a PS4.

I call him bullshiter because I was at Paraguay last week (like I do every end of the year with my dad) and there are PS4 from every place of the world... same for St. Efigênia.

Please if you want to create story first try to use one that nobody checked before

For the others here you can look at least 17 stores in Paraguay with PS4 in stock: http://www.comprasparaguai.com.br/sony-playstation-4-500gb_6607/

Around the Network
benji232 said:
Fusioncode said:
I'm not buying those 3DS numbers for one second, not after how it was overtracked last month. Also, didn't PS4 have a 500k launch in Asia? Where did those numbers go?

Again, why? 3ds is underperforming in this december compared to last year. And it did not have a fantastic black friday either in 2012. These numbers are far from unbelievable. Unless you provide me with some solid argument of course.

VGC tracked 3DS at almost 900k in the US last month, the real numbers were 770k. That's pretty far off. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same thing happening again this month.  

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Wii U sales aren't terrible, but are somewhat weak. Nintendo needs to figure out how to get a foothold in Europe.

kowenicki said:
oh dear oh dear...

This is not good.

YOY:

Last Gen:
PS3 Down 50% (dying fast)
360 Down 57% (dying fast)
Wii Down 66% (now irrelevant)
PSP Down 55% (now irrelevant)

Current Gen:
3DS Down 12% (so-so)
Vita Down 15% (down!? really? wow, bad enough last year)
WiiU Down 21% (oh dear, last chance saloon)

Anyone (apart from Ethomaz) still not having my Jan prediction of over 30% down YOY for both the PS3 and 360? lol.

Why does this surprise you, a new generation is starting. The consoles have been out for 7/8 years, of course they're going to be heavily down YOY. 3DS and Vita are both down due to the dying handheld market. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

TheEspionage said:
bananaking21 said:

where did you get that number from, may i ask?

Where did your undertracked number come from?

Hypothetically if we use what sony has said they believe they will sell 3m by the end of 2013.  This also shows Sony is shipping 5m units by march.

Now lets take in for a moment what is going on between November 15th to March 1st.

December 1st Sony announces 2.1m.  Supply contrain lasted til around the 15th when Walmart recieved a big supply.  Over those two weeks they were selling about around 200-300k.  That puts it at 2.7m.  Now unless we expect Sony to magically ship a lot more over the next two weeks to reach 3.5m  which is plausible but doubtful.  Why?

Well considering Sony is releasing PS4 in Japan on February 22nd that would equate to a large number of the shipments. lets just say 500k hypotheically.  That would boost that 2.7 to a 3.2.  This would make for 1.8m PS4's in the next 3 months.  1.8 divided by 12 weeks equals 150k.  This would be 150k shipments weekly for January to march outside of japan.  

But if we increase that number like you are saying undertracked that means that sony would be shipping less than 150k a week outside of japan for the next 3 months which is oddly minicsule wouldnt you say?

Also what makes you think that Sony can magically ship more consoles than Microsoft in the same time frame?

you do realize that a projection of sales does not equal the ability to manufactur consoles, correct? Sony's projection of 5M is the amount of consoles they expected to sell back when they made the projection back in september. this doesnt mean that 5 million is all they can make up until march. since then sony said that they expect to beat their projections many times btw.

also, that undertracked claim comes from the "others" sales. where PS4 just beat XB1 by 1k while launching in 11 more countries. and also being released in more countries than the xbox one in prior weeks. 

kowenicki said:

Anyone (apart from Ethomaz) still not having my Jan prediction of over 30% down YOY for both the PS3 and 360? lol.

i disgareed with you then. but i agree with you know. you were right. i wonder if they will be down closer to 40% than 30% now.