By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Numbers Are Up!!! 14 December 2013

PS4 is almost 4 times most expensive, is not out in Japan and is a home console, this comparison is childish, try to think sometimes.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network
pezus said:
heliumointment said:
Gremdude said:
Viktor said:

PS4s hardware numbers looks like a joke compared to 3DSs far bigger ones.

Platform N. America Europe Japan Global
337,683 319,950 182,193 899,915
154,421 139,410 N/A 312,917

Uhhhh, no. Most of these sales are for the $129 2DS. This is a toy and it is no surprise that it is selling well at Xmas. This is a dumb comparison to a $399 piece if hardware.

LOL... Remember everybody, the one you don't like is a "toy", the one you like is "hardware".  Just move the goalposts, it's easy.  I have a funny feeling that the 3DS would become hardware all of a sudden if the PS4 began to outsell it.

If PS4 were out in Japan and had unlimited stock it would be outselling 3DS. The only reason it isn't higher than 370k is that Sony can only produce that much (or barely) per week right now. 

The demand for the PS4 isn't THAT high.

Wii U's sales are holding steady, and are on pace to break 5 million sold LT by the end of the year. If Nintendo can make good on their promise to have a steady stream of content coming in 2014 and beyond, I think the console's sales will only continue to improve.

heliumointment said:
Gremdude said:
Viktor said:

PS4s hardware numbers looks like a joke compared to 3DSs far bigger ones.

Platform N. America Europe Japan Global
337,683 319,950 182,193 899,915
154,421 139,410 N/A 312,917

Uhhhh, no. Most of these sales are for the $129 2DS. This is a toy and it is no surprise that it is selling well at Xmas. This is a dumb comparison to a $399 piece if hardware.

LOL... Remember everybody, the one you don't like is a "toy", the one you like is "hardware".  Just move the goalposts, it's easy.  I have a funny feeling that the 3DS would become hardware all of a sudden if the PS4 began to outsell it.

3DS is mostly children oritented like a toy and Handheld but PS4 is Home Console which provides heavy Full HD Gaming and other entertainment options with a price of 4x 3DS. So, you cannot consider 3DS to compare with PS4. You should compare this only with Home consoles not handhelds which is cheaper and targated differently.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Don't worry, the 3DS will be overtracked.. like always

Around the Network
pezus said:
iceboy151 said:
pezus said:
heliumointment said:

If PS4 were out in Japan and had unlimited stock it would be outselling 3DS. The only reason it isn't higher than 370k is that Sony can only produce that much (or barely) per week right now. 

I beg to differ, dear boy. It's at least twice (probably more) the supply and then we add Japan

You really think the PS4 can reach 3DS level type sells? It makes it harder for demand to be that high when the PS4 has competition, unlike the 3DS.  The PS4 and Xbox One are virtually the same thing, so it's not like the experience will differ that much. But hey, that's your opinion.

iceboy151 said:
pezus said:
iceboy151 said:
pezus said:
heliumointment said:

I beg to differ, dear boy. It's at least twice (probably more) the supply and then we add Japan

You really think the PS4 can reach 3DS level type sells? It makes it harder for demand to be that high when the PS4 has competition, unlike the 3DS.  The PS4 and Xbox One are virtually the same thing, so it's not like the experience will differ that much. But hey, that's your opinion.

You really think PS4 cant ? adding Japan and good supply, it would be easy. You're really underestimating the demand.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

i find the arguments between the 3ds and ps4 a bit off point.
The 3ds isn't dominating like the ds did. For reference the ds had in it's first 6 years only 1 year below 20million. The first and two years were close to 30 million.
The 3ds is selling at levels more similar to the ps3 than the ds. Heck its more similar to the psp than the ds and the psp was the "loser"
Trying to judge demand during launch when there are shortages and the numbers can fluctuate many times before they have been up for a day is very premature

justiceiro said:
WiiU outselling ps3 on USA, but outselled by vita on europe :/

From what I've seen, the Vita must have had a very good holiday in Europe. The stores near me barely have any software left in stock at the moment even compared with a couple of weeks ago. Which coincides with the sales up 60+% week of PS4 launch and up another 60+% again the week after in the UK.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

i dont get the people who keep complaining about the people who posted an obvious undertracking error. i understand what ioi said, and that this site aims to give a ballpark of what the numbers are and not what each console sold exactly, but as ioi said, they go back and make adjustments when they get official data and when they get information. so why shouldnt we point out an error so they can adjust it? how is it wrong to want the numbers to be more accurate?