By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Numbers Are Up!!! 14 December 2013

thismeintiel said:

Kinda off topic, but still to due with sales. Did anyone make a thread, or even update one, about the PS4 being in stock again on Amazon (sold out now) and its #1, again? I just haven't heard anyone talking about it and didn't realize they got more stock.

There was thread for each time PS4 was back in stock lol.  And no thread was made about it being No.1, most people just posted that in threads where people were saying X1 had higher demand.

Around the Network
Ponyless said:
thismeintiel said:

Kinda off topic, but still to due with sales. Did anyone make a thread, or even update one, about the PS4 being in stock again on Amazon (sold out now) and its #1, again? I just haven't heard anyone talking about it and didn't realize they got more stock.

There was thread for each time PS4 was back in stock lol.  And no thread was made about it being No.1, most people just posted that in threads where people were saying X1 had higher demand.

Lol, true.  However, there must have not been one for this time, since it jumped back up to #1 just today, after being sold out for awhile.

DD_Bwest said:
thismeintiel said:

I prefer to look at the 2013 sales leaders,   PS4 has moved up to 6th and the XB1 is now in 18th

Oh, I do, too.  It's just I thought that the large shipment Amazon got late last week would have been the last for this year.  Apparently, they got some last night or today, since earlier yesterday the PS4 was slipping in the charts, due to be sold out.

thismeintiel said:
DD_Bwest said:
thismeintiel said:

I prefer to look at the 2013 sales leaders,   PS4 has moved up to 6th and the XB1 is now in 18th

Oh, I do, too.  It's just I thought that the large shipment Amazon got late last week would have been the last for this year.  Apparently, they got some last night or today, since earlier yesterday the PS4 was slipping in the charts, due to be sold out.

alot of major retailers had stock as early as Opening on boxing day.  I had a few friends see them pop up at various stores, but didnt last long.

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Wii U sales are improving, its not bad compared to other next gen consoles

Around the Network
Frank_kc said:
ethomaz said:

Dark_Feanor said:

Yes, about 20k.

20k for LA + Oceania + Asia + Mid-East.

lol

The 20K is really funny. PS4 is 100% undertracked. PS4 is sold out in all those regions. Sony is not stuiped enough to ship 500,000K to sell only 20K. This is redecilous. They could have just send it all to NA if they were going to sell 20K.

Most of the middle east had the PS4 before the official release it didn't sell much due to costing 1000+ dollars here in Jordan

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

The PS4 is pulling ahead of the Xbox one by a decent amount. When Japan comes into play, i think the gap in each will become much, much greater.

In other news, the 3DS is a goddamn monster.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Areym said:
The PS4 is pulling ahead of the Xbox one by a decent amount. When Japan comes into play, i think the gap in each will become much, much greater.

In other news, the 3DS is a goddamn monster.

It depends entirely on whether Sony can up prduction BEFORE the Japanese launch. I would imagine they'll allocate 500,000 for the release in Japan, but will those 500,000 be taken from other regions such as Europe and America, or will they represent a step up in production? We won't know that until Sony release official numbers.

The PS5 Exists. 

Bruxel said:
Gremdude said:
Viktor said:

PS4s hardware numbers looks like a joke compared to 3DSs far bigger ones.

Platform N. America Europe Japan Global
337,683 319,950 182,193 899,915
154,421 139,410 N/A 312,917

Uhhhh, no. Most of these sales are for the $129 2DS. This is a toy and it is no surprise that it is selling well at Xmas. This is a dumb comparison to a $399 piece if hardware.

regardless, the Wii U is getting smoked.

fixed

Gremdude said:
Viktor said:

PS4s hardware numbers looks like a joke compared to 3DSs far bigger ones.

Platform N. America Europe Japan Global
337,683 319,950 182,193 899,915
154,421 139,410 N/A 312,917

Uhhhh, no. Most of these sales are for the $129 2DS. This is a toy and it is no surprise that it is selling well at Xmas. This is a dumb comparison to a $399 piece if hardware.

LOL... Remember everybody, the one you don't like is a "toy", the one you like is "hardware".  Just move the goalposts, it's easy.  I have a funny feeling that the 3DS would become hardware all of a sudden if the PS4 began to outsell it.