By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony killing online features for GT5 and Resistance 1-3 in March and May

Tons of people still play GT5 online no? And I had some good times with Resistance...

Around the Network

A good PR move for Sony would be announcing a delay of server-shutdowns for the most popular titles of that list... "listening to the fans, blah, blah".

A brilliant PR move would be adding (some of) these games to the Instant Game Collection this Spring.

So they now get money for online and then they start to kill online for games? What a dick move.

Another reason why mainstream consoles are so much shitter than pcs.I mean I can still play PC games from the 90s online.
To bad that because of Ps360 even alot of PC games lost their player hosted servers. Thank god some games still have that feature. 

Killing online support for GT5 is horrible, and Sony should feel bad about it.

btw.. Does anyone want to buy my unused Resistance 3 online pass?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

GT5 is one or the most sold exclusive on PS3 so kind of awkward that they already close it down so early...

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is among the primary reasons why heavy online focus in many games today is a bad thing.

d21lewis said:

walsufnir said:

MS quitted online for original Xbox years ago, yes. I can still play GoW1 though... AFAIR they don't block specific games and didn't.

Yeah, there was a list of games that got their online cut on Xbox 360.  It was a year ago.  Maybe two.  All I know is my beloved Burnout Revenge was amongst them--and we were still able to find games to join virtually all the time!  I think they were all EA games, though.  I could be wrong.

I believe, most were 3rd parties that took their servers offline; really wasn't anything done by MS.  I'm sure MS has cut some online support for some of their games as well, but I don't know of any specific ones for the 360.

I do question the decisions to cut online for some of the games on that list; especailly the GT5 one. If true, probably done to help spur the sales of GT6; pretty shady of them.

Capulous said:
d21lewis said:

walsufnir said:

MS quitted online for original Xbox years ago, yes. I can still play GoW1 though... AFAIR they don't block specific games and didn't.

Yeah, there was a list of games that got their online cut on Xbox 360.  It was a year ago.  Maybe two.  All I know is my beloved Burnout Revenge was amongst them--and we were still able to find games to join virtually all the time!  I think they were all EA games, though.  I could be wrong.

I believe, most were 3rd parties that took their servers offline; really wasn't anything done by MS.  I'm sure MS has cut some online support for some of their games as well, but I don't know of any specific ones for the 360.

I do question the decisions to cut online for some of the games on that list; especailly the GT5 one. If true, probably done to help spur the sales of GT6; pretty shady of them.

Halo 2's servers weren't shut down until a few months ago for PC and I think 2012 on Xbox. That game came out in 2004.

NiKKoM said:
btw.. Does anyone want to buy my unused Resistance 3 online pass?

I'll trade you for an unused Resident Evil 6 demo code and access to the Starhawk beta.