By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony killing online features for GT5 and Resistance 1-3 in March and May

Saw this over on NeoGaf:

Important notice for all PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 2 and PSP owners regarding online games.

As of 20 May 2014 you will no longer able to use the online features of the following game:

PlayStation 3

Gran Turismo 5

As of 28 March 2014 you will no longer able to use the online features of the following games:

PlayStation 3

Resistance: Fall of Man 

Resistance 2

Resistance 3

As of 26 November 2013 you will no longer able to use the online features of the following game:

PlayStation 3

PAIN

As of 28 January 2014 you will no longer be able to use the online features of the following games:

PlayStation 3

MAG

SOCOM: Special Forces

SOCOM: Confrontation

After these dates, you will still be able to play these games offline, with the exception of MAG and SOCOM: Confrontation, which do not have offline modes.

We would like to thank everyone who has taken part in these PlayStation online communities and hope you enjoyed them.

Previously decommissioned titles

PlayStation Vita

MLB 12 The Show

PlayStation 3

Calling All Cars

The Eye of Judgment

FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

MotorStorm

MotorStorm Pacific Rift

Race Driver: GRID

The Lord of The Rings: Conquest

White Knight Chronicles

White Knight Chronicles II

Buzz!: Quiz-TV

Buzz!: Quiz-World

Buzz!: Brain of

Buzz!: The Ultimate Music QuizPlayStation 2

WRC 4 - The Official Game of the FIA World Rally Championship

WRC: Rally Evolved

Formula One 05

SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALs

Amplitude

Destruction Derby Arenas

Everybody's Golf

EyeToy Chat

F1 '04

Hardware: Online Arena

Jak X

Killzone

Lemmings PS2

My Street

Ratchet & Clank 3

Ratchet: Gladiator

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault

SOCOM II: U.S. Navy SEALs

SOCOM 3: US Navy SEALs

Syphon Filter Omega Strain

This is Football 2004

This is Football 2005

Twisted Metal: Black Online

PSP

Everybody's Golf 2

Lemmings

World Tour Soccer 2

Twisted Metal: Head-on

Killzone Liberation

MotorStorm Arctic Edge

Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters

SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo 3

SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALs Fireteam Bravo

SOCOM: U.S. NAVY SEALs Fireteam Bravo 2

SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Tactical Strike

Syphon Filter: Combat Ops

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror

Syphon Filter: Logan's Shadow

Tekken Dark Resurrection

THE EYE OF JUDGMENT LEGENDS

WipEout Pulse

White Knight Chronicles: Origins

Websites

www.mybuzzquiz.com

You can still play the above titles offline, with the exception of EyeToy Chat, Twisted Metal: Black Online, Syphon Filter: Combat Ops, MAG and SOCOM: Confrontation, which do not have offline modes.

http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/games/detail/item97821/Support-for-online-game-features/

Around the Network

wasnt it just a few months ago that sony were bragging about how many people play GT5 online? this is a dickish move to try make people move to GT6

It's a shame they are closing Resistance 2's online modes. I really enjoyed playing the 8-player co-op mode on there.

Damn, that sucks for the people still playing GT5. I would have thought the servers would be up for at least 2 more years. I wonder if GT6 will be on sale the week GT5's servers are shut down lol

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Honestly surprised that RFoM still had online, Resistance 2 multi was a bit dying off about a year ago already, Resistance 3 multi didn't take off at all I think, still a shame.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

Wow shutting down GT5 is so dumb. Also the Resistance games, but GT5 is especially dumb.

BlowoverKing said:
Damn, that sucks for the people still playing GT5. I would have thought the servers would be up for at least 2 more years. I wonder if GT6 will be on sale the week GT%'s servers are shut down lol

40 dollars at gamestop on the 26. Day after christmas sale. 

Damn they should keep 1st party PS3 games online for a while longer... that's pretty lame.

C-M-D said:
It's a shame they are closing Resistance 2's online modes. I really enjoyed playing the 8-player co-op mode on there.

Same here, with the different class systems and everything it was very fun.

Guess whats gonna happen this gen with the always online games.