By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is your preferred console your preferred console?

PlayStation, It was the only one I owned, I kept the Wii for only 15 days mainly for Zelda, but compared to ps3 graphics looked crappy on my screen.
I would still try WiiU next though.

Around the Network

Nintendo because of the games and that's most of the reason. I like the consistency of their quality and how good they do multiplayer (more specifically local)

Close follow up is Sony, and this one has more to do with 2nd or 3rd parties.

pastro243 said:

PS2- Because it had the games I liked at the moment

omg this is also my answer

Because it has/had more of games I like and enjoy playing.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wii U for a couple of reasons. First off, I like local multiplayer. Secondly, I tend to game in short bursts most of the time, so I like pick up and play games. Thirdly, I like Nintendo's first party stuff better than other companies' games (first party or otherwise).

Around the Network
AshKetchum1992 said:
pastro243 said:

PS2- Because it had the games I liked at the moment

omg this is also my answer

Good things are simple 

Personally, i prefer the xbox one. I was gonna get a ps4 but it was sold out and since i also like the x1 i said fk it n bought it.

Seriously if you havent tried to xbox one, try it. The snap feature is the best feature ive seen on any system, and the kinect voice commands are great. yes, Some things remain eeasier with controller but others are just plain faster with voice.

For example while playing ac4 multiplayerand SKYPING (exclusive to xbox) with a friend he told me he was gonna stream himself playing so i could check out his skills and all i had to say was : XBOX SNAP TWITCH.

All consoles are amazing but i feel xbox is the one truly moving forward.

Wii U. Simply put it has the best games .

Nintendo Wii by generations...

1. Wii

2. Wii U

3. Wii O U

Predictions made by gamers concerning the current Nintendo line up of games.

Pikmen 3= Little Bump to nothing. (Got Little Bump)

Wind Waker HD= Won't sell anything (The explosion happened here and at one time 4 Wii U games was in the Amazon top 100)

Super Mario 3D World= Won't help at all looks cheap. (Currently the most sought after Wii U game and continuing the Wii U increase.)

My favorite console of all time is N64, because nothing can beat childhood memories, I still love its games... Super mario, star fox, DK, banjo tooie... 4 players mode was guaranteed fun in SSB, MK64, mario party and Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 minigames

But my current favorite consoles are wii u and ps3: the perfect combo.
The ps3 for some 1st party titles like god of war, uncharted, beyond two souls and some 3rd party titles that wont come for the wii u like gta V, battlefield 4, tomb rayder and MGS5.
The wii u is my current favorite console for many reasons:
.Nintendo franchises ( Mario, Zelda, DK, Pikmin, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Star Fox, Smash,... )
.Local multiplayer ( 5 players mode ( maybe 6 ), Asymmetrical multiplayer )
.New games (Nintendo Land, Zombiu, game & wario, X, wonderful 101 )
.3rd party support ( assassins creed, call of duty, watch dogs, batman, sonic lost world, bayonetta 2,...)
.Backward compatibility ( so many wii games that i want to play )
.Virtual Console (N64 games all the way)
.free online ( no need to explain )
.HD graphics ( deal with it )

We reap what we sow

This Gen:

Wii U - The controller is a cool gadget with a lot of neat features, and it will provide me the best possible combination that appeals to my own personal tastes: 1st Party Nintendo games, and plenty of indie eShop games.

That combo alone will keep me good all gen. I might eventually get a PS4 when it comes down in price, but honestly it needs to have more games I actually want for it first.