By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why is your preferred console your preferred console?

Wii U

Developers focused on gameplay (for me gameplay > story > presentation (graphics are a part of this))
Incredible first party games
Backwards compatibility
Free Online
Multiplatform games have Nintendo Wii U GamePad features
Most comfortable controller

It's main weakness, third party multiplataform, can more often than not be played on a PC.

Around the Network

PS3

- Has tonnes of unmissable HD twin multiplats (Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto V, Catherine, Final Fantasy XIII etc.)
- Plenty of 3rd party support.
- Has my favourite exclusive games.
- Has the most varied library of exclusive games.
- Exclusives tend to be innovative and there are lots of new IPs.
- Continued support well after its successor has released.
- Most powerful hardware.
- It's where all my friends are (excluding PC).

PS3 because it has all the 3rd party exclusives i want and cant play anywhere else.

Threads like this are one of the reasons I can't wait for XBox One and PS4 to start flopping... starting next month folks.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Wii U Nintendo Network ID, Borode

XBOX Live ID, Borode

nintendo started me on video games and sony kept the train rolling.

Around the Network
FarleyMcFirefly said:
bananaking21 said:
Wide range of exclusives that are range from popular genre's like TPS and FPS, to less popular ones like hack and slash, to completely different experiences like heavy rain. it also gets amazing third party support, so i can play the games that i love like RDR, max payne or AC2 it.

with every new gen i want new IP's not old franchises that i played before. and the best console manufacturer that does that is sony.

Is this really what is important though?  I mean, you can put make up new characters but the gameplay could be the exact same we've seen before.
That's why I like Nintendo, incorporating new game mechanics to existing franchises.  That is what makes them iconic.

Anyways, for me, it's Nintendo. I like how they offer different ways to play games, I love their franchises best, and the 3rd party support that they do receive is just an added bonus!

you cant fully break away from the bonds of previous games without creating new IPs. no matter what happens mario will always be mario, and that feeling he has, has to stay. also, games are not just pure gameplay, story, atmoshpere, premise, are all important, sure, some dont give a shit about them, but many others do. 

i dont see any benefit from using old characters with new gameplay mechanices over new characters with new gameplay mechanices. creating new characters also opens the gate to new gameplay mechanices, as developers try to explore this new characters abilities, powers, strenghts and weeknesses. old characters dont have that advantages, mario will always be mario, and he must remain that way. 

PS2- Because it had the games I liked at the moment

N64 - Simple, amazing local multiplayer (nothing beats having your bros beside you with pizza and beer), and some of the best rated games ever made (Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros, etc)

SNES - Even simpler and loaded with some of the best JRPG's ever made.

PS1 - Same reasons as SNES.

----

3 Favorite, but N64 stands above the other 2 because of a couple worth while Mario Party games.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Playstation...because I've yet to be let down by a Playstation console - even if the PSP was great for OTHER reasons than they game library -.
I still have a working PS1 from 1997, a working first generation PS2, a working phat 40Gb PS3 - who's a bit loud in its old age, but that's my fault - and two working PSPs despite one of them being so beat up it can hardly even be considered as one piece anymore.
I believe that has cemented my faith in Sony products. I've had a good overall relationship with this line of consoles and I've never regretted a purchase.

BasilZero said:
Nintendo Systems - I love Nintendo first party games (and the few third party exclusives)

Playstation Systems - I love Third party games (and some of Sony's first party)

PC Gaming - I LOVE GAMES :O

Ditto

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash