Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Poll: Best Nintendo Handheld

What's the best Nintendo handheld?

GameBoy 13 5.20%

GB Color 11 4.40%

GBA 51 20.40%

DS 50 20.00%

3DS 124 49.60%

Total:249

At the time, I was madly in love with the original Gameboy but I know it was vastly underpowered and had a fuck-ton of shovelware. I wasn't as hyped about any Nintendo handheld until the DS which I quickly got over when I got a PSP. Now, the 3DS has taken over and it won't let go. I play the 3DS when I'm home with my "Big boy consoles" so that has to stand for something.

I'm gonna say 3DS. Not just because it's the newest but because I love it and it loves me.

Around the Network

Why is the 3DS winning this poll. I don't understand anything any more.

3DS no brainer...and to think that people doomed it from day one and the media said it would melt your eyes lol

NDS

I would say DS, because it was the most innovative. In terms of functionality, probably 3DS because it can do nearly everything the DS could.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

Hmmm. I'd say either the GBA or the DS Lite.

Eh, I vote for DS.

GBA. It was the last core handheld and the last Gameboy released before Iwata decided your mother needed to pet virtual dogs.

Salnax said:
Though the 3DS seems like it will eventually come out on top, I have to go with the DS for now.

Seconded.

The DS period. 3DS has not been on the market long enough to even warrant it better then the GBA imo, don't get me wrong by the end of its life-cycle it's more then likely gonna be up there with the DS and maybe even pass it if we can get more games localized and farther 3rd party support but at this point in time people shouldn't be throwing votes at it just because it's the hot console at this time.

I mean come on

3DS has 193 games out in NA atm
DS had 1297 games released for it in NA

That alone should swing a big percent into the DS's favor.

Personally, I say the 3DS is their best one, but I will say that without using the whole backward compatibility feature or virtual console for past games, the DS has the better software library for now.