By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Can't You Guys Accept the Fact...

The Wii U has sold more than both combined. Just sayin.

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

Around the Network

I know you're anti Nintendo but that doesn't just mean just because they are performing poorly this gen that the other two automatically "win." First of all, I think it's a major posibility that Xbox One sells the least consoles this gen. Think about it; MS now has the bad stigma of the DRM shit, even though they got rid of most of it, people won't forget that. It's also the priciest of the consoles, and comes bundled with a peripheral that has very much run its course and most don't really care about anymore. They also aren't a huge competitor in most of non UK - Europe and are a non entity in Japan. I think MS and Nintendo will be neck and neck, much like the GC - Xbox, but this time Nintendo will edge out MS if only by a bit.

And Sony's not guaranteed victory either. It remains to be seen if the PS4 sales are simply because of the hype/novelty of "cutting edge" technology, or if it's something more. And we know Sony is very capable of fumbling as they in from about 06-08. It's going to boil down to the games.

Also, Nintendo will begin to profit, and judging from the improvement of the games in the coming months, it looks like it's gaining momentum.

Even though it may help you sleep at night to convince yourself otherwise, the generation is far from over. Sony will PROBABLY sell the most, but we simply don't know for sure.

I found out today that my ex-girlfriend's 13 year old nephew is getting a PS4 AND Xbox One for Christmas. He's also getting "some $300 headphones".

I love him and we play games together all of the time but goddam. That's insane to me!

J_Allard said:
I think the last time I saw a poll here about who won last gen, almost 40% if the voters were delusional enough to vote a console not called the Nintendo Wii. So good luck finding a rational winner.

I was going to post something but I feel I don't need to anymore.

Also, we are only one bloody month into the official start of the generation, way too early to waving a white flag, which is what the OP is doing.

LivingMetal said:
toastboy44562 said:

That PS4 AND Xbox 1 won this gen? Both systems are selling at/below manufacturing prices and Microsoft/Sony is making a killing off subscriptions. Microsoft and Sony can do nothing for the rest of the gen and make money and gain 3rd party support and Nintendo is still trying to make a profit.  There are two winnas this gen so can we all calm down about shipment numbers??!

Why can't you accept the fact that you are telling yourself this because it pains you to go through this current entire gen thinking that the PS4 has a very reasonable shot of outselling and outpacing the competition?

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Both will do well but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqcLjcSloXs

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Juku_Lover said:
According to everyone there can only be one winner.

There really was no winner last gen though.

HOW???

PS1 and PS2 win their gens in sales: "Sony wins those gens they sold the most!"

Wii wins its gen in sales: "PS3 had the better games, it still wins!"

Because we need to know who won better

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Chrome is warning that there is malware embedded on page 3 of this thread.

Danger: Malware Ahead!

Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on gamrconnect.vgchartz.com.
Content from www.shamoozal.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

My 8th gen collection

ICStats said:

Chrome is warning that there is malware embedded on page 3 of this thread.

Danger: Malware Ahead!

Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on gamrconnect.vgchartz.com.
Content from www.shamoozal.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.

Got the same message.