By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition for $29.95

From Capcom's US Store. More than the Gamecube version's current MRP (around $19.99), but still less than most Wii games, which is good to hear.

Since I never owned one, nor do I own any of its controllers, I sure wouldn't mind more improved ports of the good old Gamecube games at budget prices.

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Around the Network

I had a GameCube and had most of the games I wanted so I wouldn't buy too many GameCube remakes myself.  If they are sold for $20-30 I'd buy a few like RE4, MP1&2, and MK:DD.  However I do think it's a good idea for Nintendo to push since the Wii will likely far surpass the GameCube's install base.  That's especially true in Europe and also Japan.  There's a lot of great GameCube games, some that could really benefit from the Wiimote, that a lot of Wii owners never had the opportunity to play since they didn't have a Cube.  So long as Nintendo and 3rd parties don't try to gauge I see no problem with making those games availible. 

Perfect price, I was thinking of getting this anyway at 50$ even though I've played the original and bought two versions of it (gc and ps2), but I love the game and at 30 $ with the wiimote I am going to get it the day it comes out.

This is easily one of the best games of the last few years and if you haven't played it yet and have a Wii get this thing. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

albionus said:
I had a GameCube and had most of the games I wanted so I wouldn't buy too many GameCube remakes myself.  If they are sold for $20-30 I'd buy a few like RE4, MP1&2, and MK:DD.  However I do think it's a good idea for Nintendo to push since the Wii will likely far surpass the GameCube's install base.  That's especially true in Europe and also Japan.  There's a lot of great GameCube games, some that could really benefit from the Wiimote, that a lot of Wii owners never had the opportunity to play since they didn't have a Cube.  So long as Nintendo and 3rd parties don't try to gauge I see no problem with making those games availible. 

When to think of this, porting all GC exclusives (well RE4 wasn't exclusive but anyway) to Wii could be somewhat good idea. At least a lot better than porting PS2 games. Since Wii propably sells better than GC and even at this point there are Wii owners that never had Cube, for them the ported GC exclusives serve as a totally new game. Btw. It would be interesting, if the RE4 "Wiimake" would sell better than GC or PS2 versions.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I could be wrong, but I think a large portion of the Wiimakes that have been discussed is about Nintendo (rapidly) building a "Greatest-Hits" library for the Wii. From what I have seen, XBox 360 games have been comming down in price very (very) slowly; if Nintendo can get several third party developers to devote small development teams to porting exclusive Gamecube games to the Wii and sell them for $29.99 (and soon afterwords dropping them to $19.99) they could make the Wii look even more cost effective.

This may or may not work for Nintendo, but back in the Playstation N64 days one of the main factors that lead to people buying a Playstation as compared to the N64 was new Playstation games were less expensive (roughly $10 to $20 less expensive) and the Playstation had tons of games available for $19.99 (while the least expensive N64 games dropped to $29.99, and most never dropped below $39.99)

Around the Network

HappySqurriel that is actually a pretty good idea. I could see Nintendo doing this, but after the GC games become harder to find. I wish Capcom would resurrect the now cancelled Dead Phoenix. That game seems like it would work better on Wii than it would have on GC.

HappySqurriel said:

I could be wrong, but I think a large portion of the Wiimakes that have been discussed is about Nintendo (rapidly) building a "Greatest-Hits" library for the Wii. From what I have seen, XBox 360 games have been comming down in price very (very) slowly; if Nintendo can get several third party developers to devote small development teams to porting exclusive Gamecube games to the Wii and sell them for $29.99 (and soon afterwords dropping them to $19.99) they could make the Wii look even more cost effective.

This may or may not work for Nintendo, but back in the Playstation N64 days one of the main factors that lead to people buying a Playstation as compared to the N64 was new Playstation games were less expensive (roughly $10 to $20 less expensive) and the Playstation had tons of games available for $19.99 (while the least expensive N64 games dropped to $29.99, and most never dropped below $39.99)

Great point, Happy. One of my biggest problems with the 360 (I bought one about three months ago) is that games like Oblivion are still $60 despite being over a year old. Their selection of Greatest Hits are completely uninteresting to me because they're all middle-of-the-road games at best (PDZ, Kameo, etc.). There are no real classic games to choose from.

Even though I own RE4 and don't plan on buying this new version, if that is truly Nintendo's gameplan, kudos to them. There are plenty of GC games I don't own that I would enjoy playing down the road. Customized for the Wii with a $30 price tag is a good way of getting me to do so.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

They should release updated Wii ports of Eternal Darknes and MGS:TS. Seriously, those games didn't get nearly the sales they deserved.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

And i forgot to mention the price, it should of course be low for the "Wiimakes", full price from them would be outrageus. Smash Brother: you're right about ED, but since MGS was just a port from PSX, i don't think that its sales were any worse than it deserved.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I just don't see the appeal of paying $30 to play a Wii game that was already on the Gamecube and PS2 but with very slightly better graphics and Wii controls.