By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pokemon XY | Best Video Game Soundtrack Ever?

pezus said:
tbone51 said:
pezus said:
tbone51 said:
pezus said:
You clearly haven't played Hotline Miami

You clearly haven't played pokemon (any) :0

You're clearly wrong (yes)

Wat the original games you played once as a kid count :s

Once?? 

Also, I've played both Red and Gold...extensively. The best Pokemon games, judging by forum opinions so I believe I've played Pokemon enough to make a judgment! I remember Pokemon Red having some memorable tunes.

But did you play any of gen 3-6? The remake f Heartgold/Soulsilver is great and keeps the ost from the originals and adds the new ones.As i said ii think gen 2 had some of the best but you haven't heard all of them. FF doesn't always have the same ost for example. I cant judge wat i haven't played. 

Also that is total BS(about the people that claim originals was the best). Its nostalgia that people think the originals are the best. Im from that era as i been playing pokemon since the beginning. As well as the very first gen is my favorite of the current six, the other generations do things alot better than the first 2. 

Each has their pros and cons. And no offense you cant judge pokemon as you never played any of the 3rd gens and up. Thats like if i said i played FF 1-5 so i can judge the rest which isnt right at all. Ask any pokemon gamer and they'll tell you with each generation things completely changed with lots of mechanics and tweeks.

XY is bad with its easy campaign and lack of post game (by far the worst) but XY>>> The originals when it comes to many aspects!!!

Remember that >_<

Around the Network

Vermillion City says no.

pezus said:
tbone51 said:

XY is bad

Remember that >_<

Oh, I will

pezus= Biggest Stealth Troll lol (*JK but am I?) Nobody can win against you huh

Nah, nothing has yet to beat ff 9 and suikoden 2

Best soundtrack? To you, perhaps, me.....absolutely not. XY imo has probably the worst soundtrack out of all Pokemon games. RSE, now there's an amazing soundtrack, dem Trumpets and Horns!, HGSSs remake of GSC was great too. RBGY was amazing too, BW was good, D/P is 2nd worst. If I can hum the music out of nowhere, then It was probably good and i liked it. I can't hum any of XYs soundtrack without listening to it beforehand, not that I'd want to anyway. ;)

Around the Network

Have you listened to the Xenoblade soundtrack?

Xenogears?

Journey to Silius?

Sorry of long post

That's a hefty claim to make, but I don't think it can surpass Super Mario Galaxy, which is in my opinion the best OST on a game.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

jigokutamago said:

Have you listened to the Xenoblade soundtrack?

I really like it, I always find myself humming along to much of the music.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

It is up there with some of the best that is for sure :)

Pokemon X/Y was phenomenal in every aspect. Love that game.

By the way, good thread recognizing great music :)  It also spawns other great soundtracks so it is a win win haha

Not when SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2 exists. Galaxy has the best soundtrack ever.