By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Whats your prefered Genre of Game?

Choose your prefered Genre of Game...

Fighting (i.e. Street Fighter) 5 2.66%

Beat'em Up (i.e. Final Fight) 1 0.53%

Shooter (i.e. Halo, CoD) 9 4.79%

3rd Person (i.e. Uncharted, Gears of war) 26 13.83%

RPG (I.e. Suikoden, Final... 83 44.15%

Sports (I.e. Fifa, NBA, NFL) 0 0%

Strategy (I.e. Command an... 14 7.45%

Platformer (I.e. Super Ma... 25 13.30%

MMO (I.e. Warcraft, KOTOR) 1 0.53%

MIsc (other) 24 12.77%

Total:188
rutea7 said:
wow, look at rpgs raping that poll =P kinda awesome

Two facts about vgc, rpgs and ps rape all polls!

Around the Network
snyps said:
rutea7 said:
wow, look at rpgs raping that poll =P kinda awesome

Two facts about vgc, rpgs and ps rape all polls!

@bolded:

Polls, maybe. But they certainly don't lit any sales chart. =(

I'd probably say tactical shooter/military sims like the original flashpoint and ARMA 2 but I guess they come close to FPS's so FPS it is.

Action adventure (stealth and platform adventure being my favourite subgenres) followed by first person shooters.

Hack n Slash

Around the Network
snyps said:
Fusioncode said:
Survival horror, it's a shame that indie games are the only ones who get it right nowadays. I have no idea what happened to Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Oh wait, yes I do. Capcom and Konami happened.

Give Zombi U a chance.  I pretty certain you dislike the Nintendo Wii U GamePad and based on our exchanges you are certain to turn this into an attack on Nintendo.  It's the first game since Code Veronica that makes each bullet count.  It's not a cricket bat sim like reviews say.  There's grenades, mines, all different weapons.  Flares distract when crossing a field or moat.  Every minute has your adrenaline, even when you're alone.  The atmosphere is calm.  The areas are different,  meat lockers, daycares, raves, a real neighborhood feeling as well as big open streets.  

I'm positive you've heard all about it by now, but if that's your favorite genre this shouldn't be missed.

I've heard good things about ZombiU and I do want to play it, but one game isn't worth $300 for me. Once the WiiU gets a better library I'll pick one up.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Platformers then FPSs.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

What ever Zelda is.

RPG!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Fusioncode said:
snyps said:
Fusioncode said:
Survival horror, it's a shame that indie games are the only ones who get it right nowadays. I have no idea what happened to Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Oh wait, yes I do. Capcom and Konami happened.

Give Zombi U a chance.  I pretty certain you dislike the Nintendo Wii U GamePad and based on our exchanges you are certain to turn this into an attack on Nintendo.  It's the first game since Code Veronica that makes each bullet count.  It's not a cricket bat sim like reviews say.  There's grenades, mines, all different weapons.  Flares distract when crossing a field or moat.  Every minute has your adrenaline, even when you're alone.  The atmosphere is calm.  The areas are different,  meat lockers, daycares, raves, a real neighborhood feeling as well as big open streets.  

I'm positive you've heard all about it by now, but if that's your favorite genre this shouldn't be missed.

I've heard good things about ZombiU and I do want to play it, but one game isn't worth $300 for me. Once the WiiU gets a better library I'll pick one up.

Agreed. At launch Zombi U was the only one that I considered buying a Wii U for.  But it wasn't enough.  My girlfriend picked it up at launch otherwise I would have waited.  Glad i didn't, Web surfing and playing AAA's on the same device has been convenient.  And the library... it turned out great for me.  Mostly multi-platform Action Adventure games, but it's the Nintendo Wii U GamePad inventory features that make them special.