By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - eBay proves PS4 and Xbone stock has met demand.

jlmurph2 said:
SvennoJ said:
eBay proves demand by people willing to use eBay has been met.
I wouldn't use eBay even if it was $100 under retail price.

Then you are very misinformed. I've been buying from Ebay for years and no troubles at all.

I've seen plenty of troubles with eBay, although those mostly have to do with the shitty postal system.
I use it to buy international blu-rays from Hong kong, but electronics, no way.

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
I'm sorry but your analysis is cray without factoring in how many consoles are available on EBAY.

There are over 9,700 results for "ps4" in consoles... and on each page there are over half trying to sell for $450+ with zero bids and the ones that are selling are nearly always in the $300s.

Izo said:
jlmurph2 said:
SvennoJ said:

Then you are very misinformed. I've been buying from Ebay for years and no troubles at all.

Ebay is horrible btw.

How? The simple way to not get screwed is to buy from trusted high rated sellers and KNOW WHAT YOU'RE BUYING. I'm not sure about overseas, but in the US Ebay is flawless.

If demand was met I could walk in to any electronics store and pick up either with no fuss, but its not like that.

I was at 4 stores today, PS4 not available anywhere i had em check other locations. Xbone was at 2/4 one was BS as its was a forced bundle with 2 games and a controller. other just sold console straight up.

How is that demand met ?

jlmurph2 said:

How? The simple way to not get screwed is to buy from trusted high rated sellers and KNOW WHAT YOU'RE BUYING. I'm not sure about overseas, but in the US Ebay is flawless.

Yep. Use it all the time for wide range of items, new and used.

People complaining are either in a bad area, buy from people with no ranking, or have never used it.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
SvennoJ said:

How the fuck does that make him misinformed?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

BeElite said:
If demand was met I could walk in to any electronics store and pick up either with no fuss, but its not like that.

I was at 4 stores today, PS4 not available anywhere i had em check other locations. Xbone was at 2/4 one was BS as its was a forced bundle with 2 games and a controller. other just sold console straight up.

How is that demand met ?

Its in stock at Amazon and Gamestops had them when I called. (as did best buy)

Additionally, eBay average sell price tracks ahead of retail typically. Which is why I said "next week" we'll start seeing more stock in retial shelves.

Same happened a week or so before you could rather easily find Xbones in retailers. (as shown in your post)

Shinobi-san said:
jlmurph2 said:
SvennoJ said:

How the fuck does that make him misinformed?

Calm down dude, no need to curse. It makes him misinformed because he believes that eBay isn't a good way to buy things.

You know the majority of people would not want to buy a gaming console online, from the stores is the prefered method.  When the consoles are actually on stores shelves and stay there then supply has met demand.

Maybe. The next couple of weeks should show a clear trend if that were true.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.