By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How Much Do You Think Wii U Will Sell January 2014?

Well since SM3DW flopped for the most part I expect the WII U to do around 120K for January in total.

Around the Network

150k??

Where are all these 380k figures coming from? It's just done 220k in Nov, I don't see it matching the 57k from January NPD this year, and Europe is even lower than that.

Week ending 5th isn't really this year, it's counted as last year at least in NPD and Charttrack.

Dream_While_Awake said:
What do you mean by "January" are you including the week ending the 5th from last year.

If that's the case, it sold 244K January 2013.

Next month, I expect about 145K

No, I'm not. I count that as 2012.

100k in US
30k in EU
50k in JP
10k in Other

Around the Network
Seece said:

150k??

Where are all these 380k figures coming from? It's just done 220k in Nov, I don't see it matching the 57k from January NPD this year, and Europe is even lower than that.

Week ending 5th isn't really this year, it's counted as last year at least in NPD and Charttrack.

Pretty sure we're talking about WW here.  Last year WW was about 250K and November was about 450K.

I think the Wii U will have some nice momentum coming out of the holidays.  Advertising has picked up + word of mouth sales.   The key will be how Nintendo markets Wii Fit U.  If they market that well, we could see around 350K.  However, Nintendo hasn't been advertising their casual titles well at all lately, so I'm going to say 240K.

camilosanchez16 said:
100k in US
30k in EU
50k in JP
10k in Other

That's equal to 190k.

JWeinCom said:
Seece said:

150k??

Pretty sure we're talking about WW here.  Last year WW was about 250K and November was about 450K.

I think the Wii U will have some nice momentum coming out of the holidays.  Advertising has picked up + word of mouth sales.   The key will be how Nintendo markets Wii Fit U.  If they market that well, we could see around 350K.  However, Nintendo hasn't been advertising their casual titles well at all lately, so I'm going to say 240K.

Yeah I'm talking WW as well, it was 150k! January NPD was 57k.

You're expecting a January that's on par with this past November, but fair enough. Not long to wait for results!

Nintentacle said:

No, I'm not. I count that as 2012.

I'm assuming you're counting the week ending the 4th as 2013 and the week ending Feb 1st January then. it will have the weeks ending the 11th, 18th, 25th, and 1st.

80K is my prediction then.

Seece said:
JWeinCom said:
Seece said:

150k??

Yeah I'm talking WW as well, it was 150k! January NPD was 57k.

You're expecting a January that's on par with this past November, but fair enough. Not long to wait for results!

It was 282 according to te chartz.