By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Steam Holiday Sale is OVER - What did YOU get?

pezus said:
JEMC said:

2. Also Guacamelee! is on a flash sale, one or two days later after being the winner of the community voting. Seriously Valve, that's not funny...

2. This happens pretty much every sale . They plan the flash deals and community nominees weeks ahead, so if Guacamelee hadn't won the vote maybe it had never got that extra discount (unless it will be a daily sale later).

Oh, I know that.

It's just that they could have a better calendar for those sales. I mean, if you plan to put a game X on a flash sale, don't do it 2 or 2 days before or after a community vote to not make it strange. But maybe it's just me.

And on another note, I got a foil card (a duplicate card) and, I know that with them you get some items for some games but, do I need all the cards to be of that kind or with 1 is enough?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Dark Souls was a huge disappointment. The graphics look bloated but worst of all the camera is impossible, it stutters and is not smooth. It doesn't improve even if I turn down camera speed to lowest. The game is unplayble.

Civ V seems cool so far, but I'm not feeling it yet. I'm still longing for the XCOM experience. Hopefully the XCOM expansion goes on sale soon.

Sains Row IV for 20 € would be a no brainer... if it were a retail game. I'm not paying that much for a digital license.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Firaxis Pack on Amazon.com for 14.99

includes:

Civilization V Gold Edition
Civilization IV Complete Edition
XCOM: Enemy Unknown

http://www.amazon.com/Firaxis-Pack-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00CPBZDPE/ref=zg_bs_2445220011_65

Slimebeast said:
Dark Souls was a huge disappointment. The graphics look bloated but worst of all the camera is impossible, it stutters and is not smooth. It doesn't improve even if I turn down camera speed to lowest. The game is unplayble.

Civ V seems cool so far, but I'm not feeling it yet. I'm still longing for the XCOM experience. Hopefully the XCOM expansion goes on sale soon.

For Dark Souls you should download some Mods. DSfix is a must and only some hundred kb big. Game renders only in 720p without this mod and I think it also fixes the low frames. Here a link to download it and some other mods. The DSfix mod is the first and you should download and install this before any other mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls/mods/topalltime/?adult=2

I've played the game around 90 hours and don't find it unplayable. I find it very good

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

You need DSfix and a controller to play DS on PC.

Edit: beaten.

Slimebeast said:

Yes, it's clear that From Software wasn't experienced enough with PC development (which they admitted), but instead of writing the game off (because the game is great), head over to Dark Souls Nexus and pick up some helpful mods (in particular, DSfix), as well using a gamepad if you can (360 controller if you have one).  Playing on PC gives you the ability to make Dark Souls even better than it was on consoles, you've just got to mod it a bit.

Edit: Looks like I'm third to offer Dark Souls advice.

pezus said:
oooh, brothers is tempting. I will pass, though, since I already have TOO many games

There is no such thing

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Titan Quest is only 2 euros now but where is the Gold edition? It seems Gold edition and Immortal Throne is German language version.

Also I wander, are there fees that my Visa credit card will add when I buy for small sums like 2 Euros?

Plus I wander how it converts Euros ino Swedish currency, if it takes fees from me and I get ripped off.