By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 outsold XBOX360 in January (NPD)

When were they wrong in dec

Around the Network

And now suddenly those amazon.com charts makes sense

solojohlo said:
How was NPD so wrong in december?

Wii figures in december, VGC was closer than NPD

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

There is something seriously wrong with VGChartz numbers, not just in the US but here in the UK. Charttrack have reported that the PS3 has outsold the 360 for 4 weeks running; and this is backed up by charts at big retailers like amazon.co.uk and play.com. Its alsop apparently outselling 360 by 7 to 1 in France.

Fact is 360 is behind PS3 in its strongest markets (US & UK), and this is before MGS4 is out. Game Over, bad word of mouth has finally caught up with them.

I think VGChartz needs to start adjusting its data.

That cant be it . The DS outsold the PSP at least for a 2:1 ratio , even in the DSs worst case , so this numbers cant be correct ( I would like them to be , but they arent :( ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

Good for the PS3 and good for a strong competitive market.

Wii code: 4679-4491-5808-6319,MKWii: 4296-3394-2843; Animal Crossing Wii: 3008-1736-4670.

libellule said:
""It's astounishing how close it came to the Wii, but as many people will mention, this might have something to do with supply.""

==> I believe we can add this for the Xbox360 too

Hahahaha. Only supply issues huh? Nothing to do with Blu-ray? You all really believe that in one month Microsoft couldn't ship 100,000 consoles or so? Please, whats happening is

1. less demand

2. blu-ray wins

3. Halo effect dies after holidays

4. PS3 demand increase with new year/80gb being discontinued

5. Too many arcades and halo editions backing up store chains, so they dont want to order more premiums.(Do you all REALLY think that Microsoft couldnt ship more than 100,000 consoles? I could understand if they were sellig like 100,000 a week, but they averaged less than 60,000 per week.)

But stay in denial. It will just continue. The 360 was swept WW with no new exclusives, no price cuts, and just no temporary sales booster at all for the PS3 except in Japan. Combined with an official dropping of HD DVD, In game XMB, Home, price drop, and AAA exclusives coming this year, we can safely say that the 360 wont win America this year.

"It was cleeearly supply issues..." SUUUURE SUUURE

Well we'll know for sure if it was supply issues from here on out...

NPD really ought to be more reliable but ever since they lost their Toys R Us data last october they seem to conflicting more and more with VGC. I actually have more faith in VGC right now than I do in NPD since VGC has been soo spot on with manufacturer numbers every time they give us an update.