By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default demo coming to US on January 2 (Update: Up now!)

Soriku said:
KingWithNoKrown said:
Great game. From what I played on the demo at least. However, they should have just named it final fantasy: bravely default or something.

They didn't intend for it to be a FF game. That's why it's not called that.

Also I beat all the bosses and just have to finish rebuiding Neronde. The game's pretty great with a really cool battle system. I'm glad the bosses were a challenge too. Got me looking forward to the game even more.

Just wait until you face some of the optional battles in the game then. Some of them will have you pull your hair out in Hard . Fighting four bosses in the same battle, at the same time in the previous-to-last chapter is an experience in itself .

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Soriku said:
lestatdark said:
Soriku said:
KingWithNoKrown said:
Great game. From what I played on the demo at least. However, they should have just named it final fantasy: bravely default or something.

They didn't intend for it to be a FF game. That's why it's not called that.

Also I beat all the bosses and just have to finish rebuiding Neronde. The game's pretty great with a really cool battle system. I'm glad the bosses were a challenge too. Got me looking forward to the game even more.

Just wait until you face some of the optional battles in the game then. Some of them will have you pull your hair out in Hard . Fighting four bosses in the same battle, at the same time in the previous-to-last chapter is an experience in itself .

lol. Did you play the game on Hard from the beginning? Is it about as hard as the demo?

Yup. Got tempted to tone down the difficulty in one of the optional quests in Chapter 4, because the sub-bosses are harder than the actual story bosses of that chapter, but I weathered it. 

Oh, the Hard difficulty of the demo only prepares you for the first chapters. Nothing can prepare you for the optional fights . They're Omega Weapon/Shinryu FFV hard.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

BasilZero said:
Question.

When it says "30 uses" - does that mean each time you turn on the demo or is it each time you can complete the demo o.O?

Everytime you close the demo you use up a turn. Demos like Etrian Odyssey IV only had 3 uses

Current PC Build

BasilZero said:
lestatdark said:
BasilZero said:
Question.

When it says "30 uses" - does that mean each time you turn on the demo or is it each time you can complete the demo o.O?

Everytime you close the demo you use up a turn. Demos like Etrian Odyssey IV only had 3 uses

Thanks! Also is that just closing the demo or is going to sleep mode ok? How long is the demo btw :o?

Only closing the demo completely will lower your uses. You can put the console to sleep while playing the demo and have the same use over and over again. That's how I played 40 hours of the EOIV demo .

And Bravely Default's demo can be finished quite quickly, since it's basically just 6 quests and four/five bosses. Though if you want to max every job, make your characters level 20 and complete the village Norende to the max (that's allowed on the demo), you can easily get 10 hours out of it (that was my playtime on Hard difficulty)

Current PC Build

BasilZero said:
lestatdark said:

Only closing the demo completely will lower your uses. You can put the console to sleep while playing the demo and have the same use over and over again. That's how I played 40 hours of the EOIV demo .

And Bravely Default's demo can be finished quite quickly, since it's basically just 6 quests and four/five bosses. Though if you want to max every job, make your characters level 20 and complete the village Norende to the max (that's allowed on the demo), you can easily get 10 hours out of it (that was my playtime on Hard difficulty)

Oh ok, so whats exclusive in the demo that you cant do in the main game like they advertise o.O? The Rebuilding of the village Norende or the boss fights?

The quests in the demo are exclusive to it and you can unlock an extra villager for Norende that's impossible to get in the main game (and migrate him to the main game as well). The Rebuilding itself is one of the major aspects of the game, but instead of 3 levels per shop as in the demo, in the main game it's 10 levels + a bonus level per shop.

Also, you'll get to fight all the bosses of the demo in the main game, just not in that order or in those particular places, and some, like the Minotaur, are regular enemies.

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Will have to download when I get home.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Soriku said:
Can you get more than one villager for Norende in the demo? I heard you can do a data update with the Adventurer in town for some "net friends" but that option is blocked off for me.

Only if you streetpass someone that's playing the demo as well. The Net Friends and Internet update is only unlocked in the main game. You can usually get 3/4 people a day using the internet update.

The people you streetpass in the demo will transfer into the main game as well

Current PC Build

Alrighty then. I've invested to much time on the demo already. For sure gunna pick this up day 1.