By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bravely Default demo coming to US on January 2 (Update: Up now!)

Soriku said:
lestatdark said:
Soriku said:
Found some tips, made some progress and now my characters are OP lol. I made Tiz, Ringabel, and Edea Valkyries (Agnes just a White Mage) and after leveling the job up once they learned Crescent Moon. Then I made them Knights and leveled that job up once and they learned the 2-handed support skill and equipped that. Then I made them Performers, bought some Oaken Poles for them at the shop in the town and they're crazy powerful since Performers apparently get S-level affinity with poles, and 2-handed it's more powerful.

Random mobs are a joke now, but then I fought a boss and its magic rocked my party. Got to find a way around that.

So far it's pretty fun.

What difficulty are you trying?

I started on Hard but switched to Normal since I didn't know what I was doing. Now I'm back on Hard.

Do you have any tips with dealing with enemy magic? Aeroga does 200-300 damage to my party which is a 1-2 hit kill. I have one Wind Charm, gonna have to go back to the shop to see if I can get more.

Melusine hits really hard with her Aeroga and there's not much you can do outside wind charms. Shell doesn't help that much (if you can get it on the demo, don't recall it now) since it only increases your M.Def to 125% (150% if used twice). So use both in conjunction to get a good reduction to the damage output of Aeroga.

Sadly, there's not a lot of things to protect you on the demo in Hard at the start. Once you get Buff Up for all your characters, then the demo becomes auto-mode basically.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

By the way, the abilities you get on the jobs have different orders in the main game. Abilities like Buff Up (performer level 4 on the demo) unlock on really late levels on the main game.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

So far so good I'm liking the battle system!

The cobras die with two blizzard spells so I can use brave with my black mage and kill two cobras with a single character! I will stick around the world map with the encounter rate at MAX to level up some jobs and try out different combinations.

I am quite surprised by the name of one of the party memebers.. Ringabel... Who the hell named that poor character...

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

<- EU
The demo was a pretty cool idea, especially for veterans and people who love these classic jrpgs anyway.
On the other hand for people who have no idea what kind of game it is, the demo might scare them away since it gives you the wrong idea of the whole game.

To get all of the bonuses you have to grind a bit, though you get a good hold of the game through the boss battles.

Pretty cool game. I enjoyed the demo quite a lot. Valkyrie is an awesome class.

My Top Games Of 2013:

Around the Network
Anfebious said:

The cobras die with two blizzard spells so I can use brave with my black mage and kill two cobras with a single character! I will stick around the world map with the encounter rate at MAX to level up some jobs and try out different combinations.

I am quite surprised by the name of one of the party memebers.. Ringabel... Who the hell named that poor character...

I know it's a terrible pun what with him having amnesia and all, but I quite like it. His VA and character in the full game, as well as interactions with Edea, are all top draw. Mostly. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Anfebious said:

I know it's a terrible pun what with him having amnesia and all, but I quite like it. His VA and character in the full game, as well as interactions with Edea, are all top draw. Mostly. 

Oh my god... he has amnesia?  That explains the name... Damn... that's a really terrible pun... So far I didn't get to see a lot of the characters in the demo but sof ar the game looks promising. It's a buy for me!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Juku_Lover said:
Pretty cool game. I enjoyed the demo quite a lot. Valkyrie is an awesome class.

I wouldn't get too attached to the class; nor the order of which skills in jobs were unlocked. Valkyrie isn't unlocked until about 20 hours in, and the skills unlock in different orders as well. A bit of a pain, but ah well. Don't neglect the extra villager you can get in the demo, talk to the guy in the town on the first flight of stairs as you go in I think when you've done the last dungeon. Very useful!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Great game. From what I played on the demo at least. However, they should have just named it final fantasy: bravely default or something.

i hopethis game sells well in America and we get DQ remakes shipped to the west