By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda U!? No its Hyrule Warriors! It Looks Amazing! OMG!!!

Juma009 said:
Dynasty does well in Japan, Zelda doesnt
Zelda does well in the west, Dynasty not so much, makes perfect sense to me

Yes, exactly.

Hyrule Warrior looks like Nintendo's attempt at growing the Zelda fanbase in Japan, while increasing the chances of a third party game of selling well on a Nintendo console.

Around the Network

Wow. This looks amazingly shit!

Viper1 said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah, that point kinda went over your head, I could have probably worded that better. What I mean is that people buy into Cod hype again and again every year, even though the games hardly change and just get a new look (more or less)..... and now that I'm writing that again, I realize that that is not the best comparison to make

It's just that the reasons for the hype this game is getting right now, namely the world it's set in, are very weird to me.

It's a cross over game.  Do you expect everyone to like the LEGO or can they get excited when a LEGO game comes out based on an IP they really like?

Pavolink said:
Fuck you, Nintendo. All I wanted was a proper Zelda for holiday 2014. I'm over.

Yeah.  Fuck Nintendo for making inroads to 3rd parties and allowing them to develop one of their own games with a Nintendo themed IP that has nothing to do with the Nintendo developed IP that never had an official release date.

Yeah, fuck them. When fans asks for a Zelda, let's release a spin-off.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Viper1 said:

It's a cross over game.  Do you expect everyone to like the LEGO or can they get excited when a LEGO game comes out based on an IP they really like?

Pavolink said:
Fuck you, Nintendo. All I wanted was a proper Zelda for holiday 2014. I'm over.

Yeah.  Fuck Nintendo for making inroads to 3rd parties and allowing them to develop one of their own games with a Nintendo themed IP that has nothing to do with the Nintendo developed IP that never had an official release date.

Yeah, fuck them. When fans asks for a Zelda, let's release a spin-off.

Right.  Because the spin off, developed by a 3rd party, is going to completely change the release date for one of their most anticipated titles on the console.

Since you seem to know their release schedule plans so well, tell us what else is coming and when and if any other titles played a role in when they release too.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

hinch said:
Amazing what a reskinned game can do to cause excitement.

Tecmo Koei releases a Musou game.. Noone in the west gives a shit. Nintendo throws out a trailer to a Musou game with Link in it. Everybody looses their shit. xP

It's how the world works, Soul Calibur 2 sold more on the Gamecube than on xbox or PS2 cause it had Link in it, the other 2 had spawn and that old guy from Tekken, do you think the Capcom vs Marvel would do just as well if it wan all Capcom cast? or Legos games would sell as well if it was Normal Lego characters (like Lego City which flopped even if it was a great game) or do better with DC or Marvel's characters? this works in all forms of industry, why do you think sometimes a semi known artist features a famous one just to sing the chorus 2 or 3 times, was he/she needed? not at all, but it helps SELL MORE.

Around the Network
Viper1 said:

Right.  Because the spin off, developed by a 3rd party, is going to completely change the release date for one of their most anticipated titles on the console.

Since you seem to know their release schedule plans so well, tell us what else is coming and when and if any other titles played a role in when they release too.

This direct was supposed to tell us that. And you must be joking if you believe they will release the Musou spin-off and the real entry the same year at the same console.

It wouldn't even surprise me if this is a an emergency game greenlited to fill the gap because Aonuma wanted more time. Just as the greenlited TWW at the last minute.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Viper1 said:

This direct was supposed to tell us that. And you must be joking if you believe they will release the Musou spin-off and the real entry the same year at the same console.

It wouldn't even surprise me if this is a an emergency game greenlited to fill the gap because Aonuma wanted more time. Just as the greenlited TWW at the last minute.

The Direct was about next years early releases, not end of year releases.

And yes, they could easily release both games in the same year.  Why wouldn't they?  They've done it with other franchises.  A spin off is not a end of year release.  Look at WW HD.  That wasn't the end of the year either.  And that was followed shortly by A Link Between Worlds.  Different console but THAT was an end of year Zelda title.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

tbone51 said:
Augluae said:
This is ridiculous, Nintendo is DEAD.

They're continuing to milk their IP with ridiculous knocks-off instead of delivering real game.

yeahhhh ok bro, did you see the trailer? Its a completely new game, nintendo has never done this. Good Try though lol

Some people would hate them regardless of what they announced.

you'll notice that before this it was Wii U needs games to show its not dead and now its dead for showing a new game.

pezus said:
Looks quickly put together (with framerate issues, weird bugs, low res textures etc.) but at least it's something new. Did they announce a release window?

Agreed.  The visuals are hurting a bit, I feel like this is more of a downloadable title and not full-priced retail?  I'm not crazy about the style of gameplay, but priced right I think it could do really well.  A pleasant surprise for Nintendo fans.  

It's all about the game.

Viper1 said:
DerNebel said:

Yeah, that point kinda went over your head, I could have probably worded that better. What I mean is that people buy into Cod hype again and again every year, even though the games hardly change and just get a new look (more or less)..... and now that I'm writing that again, I realize that that is not the best comparison to make

It's just that the reasons for the hype this game is getting right now, namely the world it's set in, are very weird to me.

No. but I expect everyone to like the gameplay of the LEGO games, when they get excited about them. Again, people are not excited about the gameplay, cause I have not once seen so many people collectively get excited for a Dynasty Warrior game, but instead they're excited about the Zelda coat and that is, in my opinion, a very weird thing.

If you like Dynasty Warriors and are excited about this game then that is fine. If you like Zelda games and don't have an interest in Dynasty Warrior games and are excited about this game, then that is strange, cause this game doesn't seem to have much in common with Zelda from a gameplay perspective.