By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo Needs 3rd party Support

But... Nintendo's first party software carried the 3ds to the #1 handheld... When a person buys a 3ds, almost no one would say, "I bought it to play third party games," Nearly everyone bought it to play games from Nintendo and after it became so successful, some third party developers made games for it

I think Nintendo's mentality is the same going into the wiiU which I think is correct but they need major adjustments to the overall plan because they are dealing with ps4 and x1 which have a shit ton more support than the Vita ever did...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Useless and pointless discussion

Every main console maker needs 3rd party support. This is not different for Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.
If its a matter of comparison, Vita still suffers from lack of 3rd party support as well as WiiU. Period.

As I've said before...its not that Nintendo doesn't want 3rd parties, they would love it. 3rd parties just don't want to work with Nintendo home consoles. You (toastboy) make it sound like 3rd parties are foaming at the mouth to release their games on Nintendo consoles and Nintendo is swatting them away.

So tell me, what is your brilliant plan to get third parties to release their games (and sell a lot of copies of their games) on Nintendo hardware (and don't forget that Nintendo released the comparably powerful GC and that was not enough)

Nice thread title change, but it's still inaccurate. Wii U got Call of Duty, it got Batman, Assasins Creed, etc., yet how did those games do?

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
But... Nintendo's first party software carried the 3ds to the #1 handheld... When a person buys a 3ds, almost no one would say, "I bought it to play third party games," Nearly everyone bought it to play games from Nintendo and after it became so successful, some third party developers made games for it

I think Nintendo's mentality is the same going into the wiiU which I think is correct but they need major adjustments to the overall plan because they are dealing with ps4 and x1 which have a shit ton more support than the Vita ever did...

Two different markets, you can't have the same strategy. 

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
Nice thread title change, but it's still inaccurate. Wii U got Call of Duty, it got Batman, Assasins Creed, etc., yet how did those games do?

And it didn't get any EA game, its not getting the witcher 3, ESO, the crew, destiny, and many other games. Once ps3/360 stop getting their own versions of the game the wii u will even have less support. 

Lyrikalstylez said:
I Agree!

How can a game like for example that new Mario 3d game be compared and shockingly get better scores compared with the likes of GTA5 and the last of us? I know it's a fun game but the sheer technical aspect of those 2 games is something Nintendo hasn't reached in my opinion....

Glad to see then that a lot of reviewers still view gaming as a hobby, and therefore award games scores for how fun they are to play, and not the technical aspect.

Not sassing GTA or tlof or anything, they are probably great games, does at least look like good games (in more than the technical aspect), but a game should be reviewed for what it is. Mario isn't about graphics or stuff like that, but the game looks amazingly pretty even so.

toastboy, I have a challenge for you - see if you can go until the end of the year without making another thread for the purposes of stirring up Nintendo fans.

To be honest, I don't think you'll be able to do it.

areason said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

And it didn't get any EA game, its not getting the witcher 3, ESO, the crew, destiny, and many other games. Once ps3/360 stop getting their own versions of the game the wii u will even have less support. 

That's nice, but my point stands! Also, as others already pointed out. 3DS is selling almost purely off of 1st party support. I think the main reason Wii U isn't doing the same, in addition to it's much weaker library of course, is simply because the 3DS exist as a cheaper method of gaining access to Nintendo games. I feel this has been the primary issue since the Gameboy came out, causing a steep decline from SNES to N64, then GBA and GC, and now 3DS and Wii U, getting worse as handheld quality gets closer to home console quality. Wii was an exception because it offered something different from the usual Nintendo games, being motion controls and the Wii___ games. They seem to have run their course however, so now it's back to the usual trend. And don't give me that different market junk! They're both video game systems that play Nintendo games!

Rogerioandrade said:

Useless and pointless discussion

Every main console maker needs 3rd party support. This is not different for Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.
If its a matter of comparison, Vita still suffers from lack of 3rd party support as well as WiiU. Period.

/thread

No one else needs to post.