By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Nintendo Needs 3rd party Support

Apparently games on non Nintendo systems aren't fun. A Nintendo home console with the quality and quantity of support the SNES, DS and 3DS got would blow my mind, however this wont happen with the post N64 paradigm.

The GameCube and 64 isolated 3rd parties with their proprietary smaller capacity storage methods among other things. And when they rectified that with the Wii they opted for CPU, RAM and GPUs comparable to previous generations of competitors hardware.

PC + 360 + PS3 was a bigger market than Wii, that's why most 3rd party developers didn't even bother porting most of their games over. To claim that games on these systems are all graphics and no game play is wrong and plain sad. The same cycle will happen this gen.

I honestly don't think Nintendo wants or cares about 3rd party support. I really dont, considering how Sony actively engineered the PS4 from the ground up to please both first party and 3rd party developers. Nintendo, I honestly don't think they care.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Rogerioandrade said:

Useless and pointless discussion

Every main console maker needs 3rd party support. This is not different for Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo.
If its a matter of comparison, Vita still suffers from lack of 3rd party support as well as WiiU. Period.

/thread

No one else needs to post.

^^ This

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Einsam_Delphin said:
Where'd this "2 games a year" falsity come from?

i have no idea. they obviously just release 1 or half a game a year. just look at the software list for WiiU this year, you can not denyy facts.

toastboy44562 said:

Nintendo's games are superior to 3rd party games we can all agree on that. *pointless words that talks about how amazing and superior are Nintendo games*

Agree.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Another toastboy thread, another failed thread. The OP is filled with mistakes and over simplifications, that even though toasty does have a point, he fails at articulating why.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
pezus said:
WiiU needs it even more than Wii, I can agree on that. But to be fair, Nintendo release like 3-6 games per year on their home consoles most of the time but this year they only had one game that really matters in the grand scheme of things so some games from 3rd parties certainly wouldn't have hurt.

You mean like Call of Duty, Assasin's Creed, Batman, etc.? Oh wait! :L

toastboy44562 said:

1) Nintendo thinks their games are superior to 3rd party games we can all agree on that. Maybe that was true 20-30 years ago but that is not the case today. All the highest budget and highest grossing games are from third party developers.

2) Nintendo only releases about two games for their home console a year, with little to no third party support, does Nintendo really expect gamers to buy a game in spring and keep on playing it until christmas? are they nuts? How can they expect a home console to survive with only two games that people want to play on it a year? This is why the gamecube sold lousy and the Wii U will sell just as bad.

3) Nintendo needs to wake up out of their 1980's coma and realize they need to make their hardware similar to competition in order to adopt the most popular games (Call of Duty, GTA, Battlefield etc). I get it they want to make their product different than the competition but they can do it in other ways.The best ways Nintendo could have won, in my opinion, was to release a Xbox One/PS4 kind of device with proper online packaged with a wii motion plus remote and a modern day PS/X1 style controller. It should have been packaged with a new IP hit game with some of Nintendos hottest franchises. They SHOULD also have every retro Nintendo game available to download day one. And they should of called it the Wii 2. They should have similar build to PC games and Blue Ray capabilities. This is the 21st century. At a price tage of 350-400 dollars, Nintendo could have easily won this generation doing this in my opinion.

1) False.  Nintendo fans and gaming media think Nintendo sowtware is better than 99% of 3rd party software.  And Nintendo has the highest grossing software just look at best sellers here on vgc.

2) Fat lies.  Nintendo platforms release at least 12 high quality games a year. (pikmin, lego city, legend of zelda, wonderful 101, wii fit u, 3d world, game & wario, wii sports, wii party u, super luigi u).  And have terrific 3rd party support (amazing spiderman, ducktales, monster hunter, chronicles of mystara, rayman legends, sonic lw, batman ao, assassin's creed iv, deus ex hr, splintercell blacklist, call of duty ghosts).  These are just from 2013.  Unless you want to be labled as a liar you need to edit your op and account for your insult.  

3) You want Nintendo to have this... 

The problem is third party will NEVER support the Wii U.

Most of them don't put much effort in the next-gen yet because it doesn't have a big install base, hence why most third-party game are multi-platform games already released on PC, or previous gen.

However, because winning and mastering a platform demands to get on it early, because the PS4 and X1 are already big successes, there's no doubt we'll see lots of AAA third party, that will look eventually better on next-gen than on most PC.

The problem with the Wii U is not only that it's not selling great, it's that the weak hardware can't support the future titles and third parties to be released, and it would be sacrifice to release exclusives....

pezus said:

Bold: Probably the first time I've seen that from a Nintendo fan. Why isn't WiiU selling well, then?

3) Seeing that on WiiU would be nice.

Because there's lies being spread around that Wii U ports aren't good when in fact they're better.

pezus said:
snyps said:

Bold: Probably the first time I've seen that from a Nintendo fan. Why isn't WiiU selling well, then?

3rd Party support is of course a factor, but I already explained what I believe to be the biggest cause, being the 3DS's existence.