By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Nintendo Direct video/infomercial tomorrow

EricFabian said:
the_dengle said:

Here's a question. The last (and of course only) two times X has been shown in a Nintendo Direct, Tetsuya Takahashi's wife retweeted Nintendo's ND announcement tweet. Has she done the same this time?

It wouldn't prove anything if she hasn't, as they may have simply asked her to stop. But if she has...

Not this time. So no X

Well, maybe not. Or maybe she just didn't want to spoil the surprise. ;)

Around the Network

I'm not expecting much, but I'll watch it since it's at a good time for me. (11p.m. in Japan)

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

I see what you guys are doing. You're trying to get me overexcited for this Direct, aren't you?

Well, with all I've just seen in this thread, you've done just that. So are you pleased? Now, do not disappoint!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Just some new footage about Mario Kart 8 and a release date near April/May would be sufficient for me.

guiduc said:
Just some new footage about Mario Kart 8 and a release date near April/May would be sufficient for me.

This is my hope too and I think we'll both be pleased with this direct.  I'm not convinced there is going to be anything major announced for this Direct, I think they'll save surprises for the New Year.

Around the Network

Aren't infomercials supposed to be selling stuff that is already available, and most often with a bonus offer if you purchase before the end of the infomercial?

Maybe there is a different definition in the country where Kotaku is from.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

i just wanna see mario kart 8, it would be lovely to see new footage :)

I cant wait to see what Nintendo is going to show.

Locks.

1. Mario Kart 8 footage and release date.
2. Wii Sports Club Golf
3. More DK

That wont be the entire direct though so heres my honest predictions.

1. New Smash Bros footage, maybe a release date.
2. Bayonneta 2 release date.
3. Yoshis Yarn footage.
4. Something big being added to the E-Shop - Either N64 HD remakes or Gamecube on Virtual Console.
5. One new game that we have not seen yet - Not Metroid or Zelda but i think we see something brand new.
6. Demo to DK, Mario Kart, or Smash Bros. I just have a feeling that we may get a small Christmas gift :).
7. No X footage. I dont know why, I just have a gut feeling that we will not see anything, I hope I am wrong though.

Bayonetta 2 please. The wait is unbearable.

RolStoppable said:
It's never good to get your hopes up, but this is another time that Nintendo is coming off a disastrous NPD. Yes, sales were bad all year, but November was marked to be the real turnaround month. In January Nintendo announced games that they had originally planned to keep under wraps for a longer time, following the discouraging news that Wii U sales fell off a cliff after the holidays.

So we might see a couple of new games (or a first trailer for Zelda), but then again, I am not convinced that Nintendo has all that many games in development.

I'd been wondering this. I imagine at this point, whatever Wii U titles Nintendo put into development this year and over the last couple of years will be the last projects for the console. Enough to go into 2016 but not beyond, with the emphasis on wringing as much cash as possible from 3DS.

I'm not sure what will be in the Direct. Part of me expects release dates, and eShop/Virtual Console announcements, something similar to last December's Direct... but then as you say, NPD results for 3DS were disappointing and for Wii U particularly bad: 3D World clearly isn't the one game Nintendo were banking on to change everything. Combine that with their VGX reveal falling completely flat, and you'd think Nintendo need to pull something out of the bag. A trailer of Link charging across Hyrule on horseback would be a good shot in the arm, but they usually leave that until it's too little, too late... E3 2004, anyone?