By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft: First Xbox One indie games could launch around March 2014

NiKKoM said:
Ugh.. Are we now bragging about indies? did anyone buy a super next gen consoles to play indies? This console war is getting sillier every day..

Yes I did actually.

Around the Network
Wright said:
bananaking21 said:
Wright said:

I guess you can't wait to play Transistor ;)

Transistor looks good, but i like bastions are style much more. i really wanna play rime and everybody is gone to the rapture. i also hope murasaki's baby comes to PC or PS3/4. that game looks sooooo good. shadow of the beast looks really interesting, but we have to see how that plays out. 

Rime is interesting, and the best part of it is that it is Spanish's developers work!

ohh... ok... then it sucks! XD

ethomaz said:

Hummmm... now Indies are (insert NOT here) games.

PS. For me games are games... Indie or not.

fix that typo dude XD

Wright said:
Blood_Tears said:
Wait, I thought Xbox fans didn't like indy games?

Where did that generalization come from?

Lots of them on the forum downplaying the indie game scene as Sony started focusing on bringing them to PS4/Vita in a big way, also whenever an indie has something bad to say about MS. 

Wow, that late. Propably they started negotiating with indies after E3 fiasco.

Around the Network
Sal.Paradise said:
Wright said:
Blood_Tears said:

Lots of them on the forum downplaying the indie game scene as Sony started focusing on bringing them to PS4/Vita in a big way, also whenever an indie has something bad to say about MS. 

Xbox 360 has hundreds of indie games released on it with many being exclusive and yet from 2010 onwards we had to listen to some people say the system didn't have many exclusives.  So the downplaying of indie games started well before the first ones were even released on PS4/Vita.

"As reported previously, the ultimate goal is to allow anyone with a retail Xbox One unit to use it as a development platform to make and publish games for the console. Charla said developers of all skill sets could, in theory, make Xbox One games."

This is why im getting XB one over PS4. I can make my own games!
And also, all the world can make games, we have a infinity bigger base of people who make games, of course we will have an infinity source of games!

Legend11 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
Wright said:
Blood_Tears said:

Xbox 360 has hundreds of indie games released on it with many being exclusive and yet from 2010 onwards we had to listen to some people say the system didn't have many exclusives.  So the downplaying of indie games started well before the first ones were even released on PS4/Vita.

Correct. Which makes the downplaying of them from the other side of the fence this time even more hilarious, and vice versa. 

Kinda late, considering the 360 was the console that pioneered indie games. But hey, in the grand scheme March will be here in no time.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

NeoRatt said:
kitler53 said:
meanwhile ps4 had 5 ready at launch. i guess 5 months late isn't soo bad considering how long it took MS to take indies seriously.

The Indie games were a bunch of zero effort ports from other platforms.  Sony bragged about Indie innovation but we have yet to seen any innovative Indie games exclusive to PS4...

Meanwhile, as Sony talked about Indie innovation and love, MS announced they would publish Mojang's next game (Cobalt) first on X1...  Yes, a new Indie IP...  In case you haven't noticed new IPs are required for innovation.  Not ports of existing IPs...

Seriously, today, what exclusive, great, and innovative Indie games can I buy on the PS4 that are so worth going out and spending $400 on the console for?  I already have a PC and can get a far better experience by playing the Indie games already there.

Your comment lacks substance and all you do is troll Xbox threads.

The highest rated Next Gen Exclusive on IGN is Resogun, which is a PS4 exclusive by HouseMarque.........

Most of the Indies are not ports, Doki Doki Universe, Contrast, Tiny Brains, etc.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)