By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Xbox lose every advantage it had?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
think-man said:

Yeah but you said "still has dat Titanfall" and I'm saying don't need a xbone for it so its not really an advantage to me. Making it relevant to your post, and thus relevant to this thread.

Still an advantage for Xbox One over the PS4, which is what this thread is about.

I mean, if you're harping on PC, where is your response to the OP where most of what he gave to PS4 could actually go to PC?

Its only an advantage for the first two years. Titanfall is coming to the PS4 after the first one amasses its profit. Microsoft just wants Titanfalls name to be associated to it so they are just spending massive amounts of marketing dollars to make people believe thats the case right now.

Sounds like a long winded way of saying advantage: Xbone.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
think-man said:

Yeah but you said "still has dat Titanfall" and I'm saying don't need a xbone for it so its not really an advantage to me. Making it relevant to your post, and thus relevant to this thread.

Still an advantage for Xbox One over the PS4, which is what this thread is about.

I mean, if you're harping on PC, where is your response to the OP where most of what he gave to PS4 could actually go to PC?

Its only an advantage for the first two years. Titanfall is coming to the PS4 after the first one amasses its profit. Microsoft just wants Titanfalls name to be associated to it so they are just spending massive amounts of marketing dollars to make people believe thats the case right now.

It is an advantage, but Sony has plenty of other exclusives happening. Sony is at their best in making exclusives after the first two years and they like Nintendo make exclusives that will never tough a rival console. Microsoft kind of needs this so I cant blame them, plus I am getting an Xbone first because of it and Killer Instinct. If anyone has faith in Sony theres really no reason to fear Microsoft needing association with games that will eventually come to your console.

Aura7541 said:
This doesn't look good for the XBone on the long term. There is no doubt that the XBone will get some awesome games like Quantum Break, but I'm very skeptical on whether the XBone will continue to churn out good games for the next 5 years. Historically, Microsoft is infamous for abandoning its consoles partway through their lives. Sony, on the other hand, appears to be well prepared not just for 2014, but for the years after. We've yet to hear news on any of Sony's other 1st party studios such as Guerilla's new IP, Stig Asmussen's new game, Cory Balrog's new game, etc.

Couldn't agree more, I never wanted a ps3 until the later years when all Microsoft was coming out with was another halo, gears, forza and fable

Too bad fir xbox one, that bitter taste is still left in my mouth

S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
think-man said:

It is an advantage, but Sony has plenty of other exclusives happening. Sony is at their best in making exclusives after the first two years and they like Nintendo make exclusives that will never tough a rival console. Microsoft kind of needs this so I cant blame them, plus I am getting an Xbone first because of it and Killer Instinct. If anyone has faith in Sony theres really no reason to fear Microsoft needing association with games that will eventually come to your console.

Lyrikalstylez said:
Aura7541 said:
This doesn't look good for the XBone on the long term. There is no doubt that the XBone will get some awesome games like Quantum Break, but I'm very skeptical on whether the XBone will continue to churn out good games for the next 5 years. Historically, Microsoft is infamous for abandoning its consoles partway through their lives. Sony, on the other hand, appears to be well prepared not just for 2014, but for the years after. We've yet to hear news on any of Sony's other 1st party studios such as Guerilla's new IP, Stig Asmussen's new game, Cory Balrog's new game, etc.

Couldn't agree more, I never wanted a ps3 until the later years when all Microsoft was coming out with was another halo, gears, forza and fable

Too bad fir xbox one, that bitter taste is still left in my mouth

Microsoft left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I am still picking up an Xbone because of Killer Instinct and Titanfall. They truly depend on third parties because of their terrible first party. Hopefully it gets better. Microsoft is a slow learner but eventually they learn. 

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:

now.

It is, but it wont last once Titanfall goes multiplat.

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
think-man said:

I hardly see Titanfall as an advantage when I can get it for PC. Heck, it's even going to be released for the 360. It's even less of an advantage if you look at the PS4's upcoming exclusives: Infamous: Second Son, The Order: 1886, Uncharted, MLB 14: The Show, Guerilla's new IP, Stig Asmussen's new game, Cory Balrog's new game, Media Molecule's new game, Quantic Dream's new game, and the list goes on.

J_Allard said:
think-man said:

Because my reply is to you my friend not the OP.

Aura7541 said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
think-man said:

I hardly see Titanfall as an advantage when I can get it for PC. Heck, it's even going to be released for the 360. It's even less of an advantage if you look at the PS4's upcoming exclusives: Infamous: Second Son, The Order: 1886, Uncharted, MLB 14: The Show, Guerilla's new IP, Stig Asmussen's new game, Cory Balrog's new game, Media Molecule's new game, Quantic Dream's new game, and the list goes on.

If you can wait until Titanfall 2 to come to the PS4 i can see why PS4 gamers would think the Xbone has no advantage. I think he's only focused on the fact that Sony isnt getting the first game.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Aura7541 said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
J_Allard said:
think-man said:

If you can wait until Titanfall 2 to come to the PS4 i can see why PS4 gamers would think the Xbone has no advantage. I think he's only focused on the fact that Sony isnt getting the first game.

Well, Titanfall 1 is not much of an advantage for the XBone in the first place because the game is highly accessible even if you don't have the console. If you already have a PC (or a 360), then what is the point of getting an XBone?