By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Xbox lose every advantage it had?

The X1 truly did lose almost every advantage it had compared to the 360.

Around the Network

I agree.

And some things that the 360 fans said to be one of the keys advantages was lost too.

PS4: Cross Game Party Chat
Xbone: Only Party Chat (the Party Chat is a joke for now on Xbone... MS needs really fix this thing... priority in my understanding)

theprof00 said:
d2wi said:
Yes, but Xbox One still has other advantages, Kinect is better than PS Eye, more multimedia features, better launch titles.

not for long

Actually, forever. Can't change launch titles

I know what you mean though, that's up for debate I think, depends which camp you're in

pokoko said:

Launch titles mean nothing. I refuse to believe that anyone seriously buys a console primarily on the weight of launch titles.

People are choosing the Xbox One because the PS4 has sold out and they just want the "new" tech. Launch titles are a better reason than just keeping up with the Johnson's.

Not even sure if that's the right expression.

They've lost every advantage except for one and that's online stability. Xbox Live still, to this day, is a far and away better, more secure and stable online experience. I don't know why, but it just is.

Hopefully Sony improves on this and gets it's crap together since we're all paying for it now. There's no excuses anymore for the stuff we have to put up with like multiple hour long "maintenances". It's BS.

Around the Network

I don' believe that at all. The ps4 is getting so much praise in these threads that its ridiculous sometimes.

Mad55 said:
I don' believe that at all. The ps4 is getting so much praise in these threads that its ridiculous sometimes.

Well all points listed in the OP (exception the controller that is some kind subjective) are superior on PS4.

d2wi said:
theprof00 said:
d2wi said:
Yes, but Xbox One still has other advantages, Kinect is better than PS Eye, more multimedia features, better launch titles.

not for long

Actually, forever. Can't change launch titles

I know what you mean though, that's up for debate I think, depends which camp you're in

I just thought it would be funny to say that :D

ironmanDX said:

People are choosing the Xbox One because the PS4 has sold out and they just want the "new" tech. Launch titles are a better reason than just keeping up with the Johnson's.

Not even sure if that's the right expression.

I believe the expression is actually keeping up with the Joneses. Johnson's is a little too common a name. 

To be honest, I'm all for it, maybe it'll provoke Microsoft into improving their utilization of first party IPs and actually improving Xbox Live like they did on the original Xbox.

And when I say improving Xbox Live, I mean on the scale of which XBLA was on the original Xbox to the 360.Not some trivial nonsense about apps, download speeds (LOL) and console specific allocations that have nothing to do with the intricacies of an online infrastructure.