By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Xbox lose every advantage it had?

Eddie_Raja said:

Can you answer the question I asked?  Doesn't seem like MS knows what they are doing most of the time does it?

I don't think you read my comment clearly. If someone were to say Sony knows the console market better than a forum dweller,  would you respond with talk about Betamax, Minidisc, UMD, Memory Stick, etc? And idk why you would throw the Xbox One in there. The market seems to be accepting it just fine.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dark_Feanor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Why do you assume this "any game" is Titanfall 2?

As you said Respawn is a small company and the franchise they are working on right now is Titanfall. What other title do you think they're working on? Wherever Titanfall goes is entirely up to Respawn. They have major control over their project. EA just has a business partnership with them. EA wants as much money as possible so they would fund it being multiplat if the franchise becomes huge. Titanfall is not a Gears of War case. Microsoft isn't the publisher. They have no real say in what happens in the end and even Major Nelson admitted to that recently when asked about whether Titanfall was coming to the PS4. EA goes after the money and they destroyed Microsofts exclusivity deal with Bioware for Mass Effect and brought the whole franchise over the PS3. If Microsoft was smart they would've bought Bioware. This is what Microsoft gets for depending so much on third party instead up strengthening up their first party like Sony.

Wrong. This is actually what many people here believed (myself included, probably mostly out of fear of EA controlling {aka ruining} the franchise). You must have missed the part where the deal EA and MS struck up came as a complete surprise to Respawn. EA has deals with some IP's in their partners program where they retain no control over the IP. Titanfall is clearly not one of them.

Also strange to see you say MS should have just bought Bioware when you're constantly complaining and crapping on them for doing things just like that.

Xbox lost a lot but price is really the only significant advantage it lost.

One of advantages claimed by MS at reveal was the all online games will have dedicated servers (aka Cloud) but at launch only Forza 5 uses dedicated servers.

J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Dark_Feanor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Why do you assume this "any game" is Titanfall 2?

As you said Respawn is a small company and the franchise they are working on right now is Titanfall. What other title do you think they're working on? Wherever Titanfall goes is entirely up to Respawn. They have major control over their project. EA just has a business partnership with them. EA wants as much money as possible so they would fund it being multiplat if the franchise becomes huge. Titanfall is not a Gears of War case. Microsoft isn't the publisher. They have no real say in what happens in the end and even Major Nelson admitted to that recently when asked about whether Titanfall was coming to the PS4. EA goes after the money and they destroyed Microsofts exclusivity deal with Bioware for Mass Effect and brought the whole franchise over the PS3. If Microsoft was smart they would've bought Bioware. This is what Microsoft gets for depending so much on third party instead up strengthening up their first party like Sony.

Wrong. This is actually what many people here believed (myself included, probably mostly out of fear of EA controlling {aka ruining} the franchise). You must have missed the part where the deal EA and MS struck up came as a complete surprise to Respawn. EA has deals with some IP's in their partners program where they retain no control over the IP. Titanfall is clearly not one of them.

Also strange to see you say MS should have just bought Bioware when you're constantly complaining and crapping on them for doing things just like that.

You obviously paid zero attention to my statements about Microsoft when I actually favored the 360. We must've met a lot sooner than I thought. Sad. I have no issue with a company buying a company who has worked with them exclusively for multiple generations (IE: Remedy to Microsoft). In the end it's not about what I think. Microsofts business habits to me illustrate that they would run a company better that they created than one they buy out of the clear blue sky. Buying a company that shares their temperament and vision makes 100% sense. If you knew me, it wouldn't be strange at all. Bioware had been making exclusives for MS since the first Xbox and I had been known around the 2008 -2010 period to be stating that MS should just buy Bioware and be done with it. I've always been saying Microsoft needs stronger first party. That still hasn't changed.

As for Titanfall..what does that deal have anything to do with Zampella saying the excluding other iterations that the first version wouldn't be on the PS4? 

Around the Network

To add...

Always MS exclusive at launch, great partner and focus is good for a startup. EA made a deal for the rest, we only found out recently =(

ironmanDX said:
pokoko said:

Launch titles mean nothing. I refuse to believe that anyone seriously buys a console primarily on the weight of launch titles.

People are choosing the Xbox One because the PS4 has sold out and they just want the "new" tech. Launch titles are a better reason than just keeping up with the Johnson's.

Not even sure if that's the right expression.

Jones...not Johnson lol...but close enough

S.T.A.G.E. said:

To add...

Always MS exclusive at launch, great partner and focus is good for a startup. EA made a deal for the rest, we only found out recently =(

That just proves our point. You can't say Respawn controls where the franchise goes when the founder of the developer making the franchise wasn't even aware its publisher was signing an exclusive deal with MS.

ethomaz said:

I agree.

And some things that the 360 fans said to be one of the keys advantages was lost too.

PS4: Cross Game Party Chat
Xbone: Only Party Chat (the Party Chat is a joke for now on Xbone... MS needs really fix this thing... priority in my understanding)

What do you mean only party chat? Cross game chat works fine. Regardless I use Skype because it works even better and has crystal clear sound.

ethomaz said:

MyCodenameIsIan said:

Party Chat - The PS4 has finally adopted cross game party chat but the quality is awful in comparison with the X1's audio codec.  That said Microsoft need to get this working as well as it did on the 360 before I give this one to Microsoft. Tie.

Are you serious?

Firstly the Xbone's Party Chat didn't support cross game... and it didn't works at all... so PS4 has the superior Party Chat system with Cross Game support.

Yes it does work cross game. I have used it multiple times. You don't even have an Xbox One so I don't know where you get your information. Too much NeoGaf I suppose. You know Xbox One also has Skype which can be used cross game right?