By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did Xbox lose every advantage it had?

Aura7541 said:

I hardly see Titanfall as an advantage when I can get it for PC. Heck, it's even going to be released for the 360. It's even less of an advantage if you look at the PS4's upcoming exclusives: Infamous: Second Son, The Order: 1886, Uncharted, MLB 14: The Show, Guerilla's new IP, Stig Asmussen's new game, Cory Balrog's new game, Media Molecule's new game, Quantic Dream's new game, and the list goes on.

Cool, I disagree and think it is a big advantage, especially since we're talking about advantages of PS4 vs Xbox One. It doesn't really matter what other platforms the game is on, the bottom line is its not on the PS4. So of course it is an advantage. Otherwise why would MS pay for it? I think they understand the market more than you or I.

Also I am not interested in some list war. Both consoles have a good list of exclusives coming and potentially big games. Every exclusive you listed it a potential advantage, that's how exclusives work. Even ones like The Show, which will be on platforms other than PS4.

Around the Network
think-man said:
J_Allard said:
think-man said:

Yeah but you said "still has dat Titanfall" and I'm saying don't need a xbone for it so its not really an advantage to me. Making it relevant to your post, and thus relevant to this thread.

Still an advantage for Xbox One over the PS4, which is what this thread is about.

I mean, if you're harping on PC, where is your response to the OP where most of what he gave to PS4 could actually go to PC?

Because my reply is to you my friend not the OP.

And my reply was to the OP. Glad I could clear that up for you.

Microsoft lose 3 big advantages
-superior multiplatform
-the 1 year and half advantages
-and the price

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

I guess you can argue stuff like snap and kinect are advantages but they aren't huge advantages like party chat or superior multiplayer were

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Yeah like others have said: "Xbox lost the US and UK to Sony." That should say it all...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Aura7541 said:

I hardly see Titanfall as an advantage when I can get it for PC. Heck, it's even going to be released for the 360. It's even less of an advantage if you look at the PS4's upcoming exclusives: Infamous: Second Son, The Order: 1886, Uncharted, MLB 14: The Show, Guerilla's new IP, Stig Asmussen's new game, Cory Balrog's new game, Media Molecule's new game, Quantic Dream's new game, and the list goes on.

Cool, I disagree and think it is a big advantage, especially since we're talking about advantages of PS4 vs Xbox One. It doesn't really matter what other platforms the game is on, the bottom line is its not on the PS4. So of course it is an advantage. Otherwise why would MS pay for it? I think they understand the market more than you or I.

Also I am not interested in some list war. Both consoles have a good list of exclusives coming and potentially big games. Every exclusive you listed it a potential advantage, that's how exclusives work. Even ones like The Show, which will be on platforms other than PS4.

Zune, Windows Phone, Windows 8, AOE: Online, Surface Tablet, Windows RT, Xbox One.  Do you REALLY think they know markets well?

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Eddie_Raja said:
J_Allard said:
Aura7541 said:

Zune, Windows Phone, Windows 8, AOE: Online, Surface Tablet, Windows RT, Xbox One.  Do you REALLY think they know markets well?

Can I see the portfolio of products you have released and made shit tons of money off of?

Eddie_Raja said:
Yeah like others have said: "Xbox lost the US and UK to Sony." That should say it all...

Na I don't think so, maybe for the moment but this gen. only started. The Xbone is 100 bucks more expensive than the ps4, so Microsoft has plenty room for price drops, Microsoft has Games like Halo, Titanfall and maybe still Gears of War exclusive, especially Halo and the other two are really huge things for the US and UK market and plus the Xbone has Kinect bundled, kinect might be no big deal right now but when the price falls with time and the Bone reaches price regions for casual gamers kinect might make a huge impact at this time.

Its not  unlikely that the Xbone will outsell the ps4 in the US and UK this generation at the end.

Dark_Feanor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Titanfall 2 is coming to PS4. If you mean a launch advantage then yes Titanfall counts.

There won´t be a Titanfall 2, nor a Destiny 2. They will be built like Team Fortress 2, or Dota 2...

Games as a service.

Any way, do you think people will wait for 2 or 3 years just to experience a francise that is available in another platform?

May be there is still people waiting for Gears of War on the PS3.

Zampella said Titanfall will come to PS4 just not the first one on his Twitter page. Microsoft was funding Gears of War.

I believe Epic retained the rights to the Gears of War IP though.  After Judgment struggled for sales I think it's a good time for a break for the series.  I wonder if Microsoft will buy the IP and develop a new game or whether Epic will create a new multi-platform title?

Judging from Respawn's twitter reaction to Titanfall being a lifetime exclusive for Xbox One, it doesn't seem they have as much control over their IP as they would like.

http://www.neowin.net/news/titanfall-developer-didnt-know-game-would-be-xbox-one-exclusive-forever

#SaveShenmue

Top 5 Most Anticipated Games:

- Quantum Break
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Destiny
- The Division
- Final Fantasy XV