By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So is Ps4 sold out in your country/city?

I can find PS4 easily in my city, but I can do it anywhere in Brazil because no one is paying U$1700 for a console.

Around the Network

Oh yes. A lot of my friends and I are waiting until February.

not even close to being sold out, it will need a year or two to start selling because of the price point and the fact that PS3/360 started rising late 2009(Wii was always a failure here and the PS3 currently dominates) i would say it's 10(PS3):3(360):1(Wii)
WiiU is currently ahead of PS4 but won't last much and XBONE didn't release

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

Ninjahound101 said:
not even close to being sold out, it will need a year or two to start selling because of the price point and the fact that PS3/360 started rising late 2009(Wii was always a failure here and the PS3 currently dominates) i would say it's 10(PS3):3(360):1(Wii)

Where is this?

Its been sold out everywhere where I live sense it launched... I looked to see if it was just available and I haven't seen any at all. My Dad asked one of the gamestop employees on Black Friday when they would have more PS4's and they said not until the summer.... but I don't think any of the employees know what there talking about, I assume I wont see any around me till January-February.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

Around the Network
Somini said:
Ninjahound101 said:

Where is this?

Jordan(Middle East), Sony dominates but did lose some of their success, PS2 was too successful that GC and XB never made it here as far as i know

bet with ash3336 he wins if Super Mario 3D World sells less than Mario Sunshine during the first three years, I win if 3D World outsells Sunshine's first 3 years. Loser get sig controlled for 3 months (punishment might change)

Do you doubt the WiiU? Do you believe that it won't match the GC?

Then come and accept this bet

Nintendo eShop USA sales ranking 2/12/2013 : http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173615

Sold out here in sweden till march, thank god I got mine at launch

Restricting supply, artificially inflating demand and pricing gouging online will continue for the first 6 months of the PS4s life until supply returns to normal levels. It is best to wait a year or two for the PS4 to release AAA exclusive games and possibly a price cut for the PS4 in two years time will make the wait for it. Early adopters of consoles in their first year or two pay a premium to play a console with a limited supply of games. It takes time for exclusive games a games library to establish. XBox One and Wii U are no differen t to the PS4 and every other console in its early years.

Cobretti2 said:
Lawlight said:
Cobretti2 said:
Lawlight said:
Australia:

Yes, sold out until March / April.

mind you we did get a pretty piss poor supply consideirng xbox one outsold it 2:1. SO we must have gotten liek 35K-40K units of PS4s.

And yet the day one editions of the X1 are still available. Anyway, do you have a source for the 2:1?

http://www.afr.com/p/technology/xbox_one_smashes_sales_records_yLa9DIIeFWDNqNGF8QPPQI

The reason I guess 2:1 was because it didn't mention that the PS4 sales also beat the Wii in 2006. I could be wrong, but surely they would hae posted such news.

Also not surprised as well stock was low, but the demand is there.

So, you guessed?

bosslug said:
Lawlight said:
Australia:

Yes, sold out until March / April.

??? Walked into my local EB games in Brisbane and there were 3 PS4's sitting there.

Can you tell me what store? I'll call them to see if I can get one.