By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So is Ps4 sold out in your country/city?

Turkish said:
bigjon said:
Turkish said:
superryo said:
I guess that means VGChartz will will show 0 or close to 0 sales for PS4 from now until February if it's true that it's sold out until then right?

I guess you didnt realize the fact that many pre-orders havent been fulfilled yet and new shipments take care of the pre-orders who didnt get their console yet.

You must be delusional if you believe Sony cant bring a single new unit into stores in the next 2-3 months.

Out of stock til feb does not mean no stock. It means if you go in to a store wednesday night you wont be likely to find one. It means they dont project shipments to last til next shipment  til feb or whenever

No just no. Shipments happen every 2 weeks. Amazon, walmart and some other places got new shipments in the last few days. Europe is getting new shipment, people with pre-orders who are in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th batch etc can now come pick up their PS4.

Im talking US here. Sony met preorders in fact I got mine at a Walmart launch night without one. What is was trying to say is when sony ships consoles to a retailer they are gone well before another comes, and Sony projects to last possibly into q2.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

Wrocław, Poland.
You won't find any ps4 here all are sold out. When a new batch arrives it's sold out the same day.
Fortunetly I have a friend who works in MediaMarkt, so I could get mine at the launch.

bosslug said:
Lawlight said:
Australia:

Yes, sold out until March / April.

??? Walked into my local EB games in Brisbane and there were 3 PS4's sitting there.

probably preorder stock people did not pickup.

I´m from Germany. I sold my PS4 (399 €) for 660 € at ebay.

Even if I haven´t sold the console: I´m going to play Zelda WW HD and
Mario 3DW in the next weeks.; so I don´t need the PS4 right now.

Lawlight said:
Cobretti2 said:
Lawlight said:
Australia:

Yes, sold out until March / April.

mind you we did get a pretty piss poor supply consideirng xbox one outsold it 2:1. SO we must have gotten liek 35K-40K units of PS4s.

And yet the day one editions of the X1 are still available. Anyway, do you have a source for the 2:1?

http://www.afr.com/p/technology/xbox_one_smashes_sales_records_yLa9DIIeFWDNqNGF8QPPQI

The reason I guess 2:1 was because it didn't mention that the PS4 sales also beat the Wii in 2006. I could be wrong, but surely they would hae posted such news.

Also not surprised as well stock was low, but the demand is there.

Around the Network

I´m from Germany. I sold my PS4 (399 €) for 660 € on ebay.

Even if I haven´t sold the console: I´m going to play Zelda WW HD and
Mario 3DW in the next weeks; so I don´t need the PS4 right now.

No, not one has been sold.

Austria/Wien it's completely sold out here, i never even saw how a Ps4 box looks like.

Well sony has announced that till march, they want to achieve a 5million consoles sold. Manufactiring is going on 24/7 and listening that no new ps4s will be at stores till march is crazy. Its just the initial launch shipment that is gone. Do you all think that sony wont ship any new machines for 3 months?.... It's not gonna happen.

Sold out till februari in Belgium.