By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most visually impressive game so far in the next gen? (for me it's on Wii U!) Poll now added

Which game do you think looks the nicest so far?

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) 130 26.21%

Ryse (XBONE) 60 12.10%

Killer Instinct (XBONE) 1 0.20%

Contrast (PS4) 1 0.20%

Nintendoland (Wii U) 5 1.01%

Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) 196 39.52%

Battlefield 4 (PS4/XBONE) 18 3.63%

Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS4/XBONE) 0 0%

Pikmin 3 (Wii U) 62 12.50%

Other 23 4.64%

Total:496

Thanks for the bump Dr.

Knack is still the only correct answer. Don't even say otherwise unless you've beat it on hard.

Around the Network

I know you like the meshwork in that game and given how it renders things outright, but you gotta be real for a second buddy

how come crimson dragon is not on the list.... best looking game

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Because it runs like shit

I voted for Pikmin 3, but if I could change it, I would change it to Probably Super Mario 3D World now.

nice

Around the Network

I want to vote for Crimson Dragon... and it in the OP

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Pikmin 3 looks surreal at times man

Super Mario 3D World, it's one of the most crisp, clear and smooth games I've ever seen. Perfect framerate and decent resolution. No glitches, screen tearing, texture popping, lagging or sluggish performance. It is what I expect from Nintendo, the absolute height of it's field in every single way.

Other games that look beautiful. Rayman Legends, again, it's crisp, clear, and runs incredibly smooth. This is the best looking 2D game in existence. Lastly, special mention to Sonic Lost World on the Wii U, whilst not quite as smooth as Super Mario 3D World, and perhaps the perspective is an issue for me, it was a still very beautiful game that ran extremely well and was unfairly torn apart by so called professional critics.

As for the others. I'm decidedly unimpressed with both the PS4 and Xone when it comes to graphical fidelity. The Wii U is apparently the weaker console yet almost every recent game for it looks better than anything these new powerhouse machines can kick out. Sure Killzone may have the technically best graphics, and Knack may have more particle effects than any other game. Ryse may well be unparalleled in texture mapping technology, and Forza might well have a graphics engine so refined it remembers individual scuff marks but I don't care. None of these games have used their graphics effectively to make a truly beautiful game. I'm waiting on InFamous: Second Son, that actually looks impressive graphics wise. Nothing else has impressed me though.

I like this one^

TornadoCreator said:
As for the others. I'm decidedly unimpressed with both the PS4 and Xone when it comes to graphical fidelity. The Wii U is apparently the weaker console yet almost every recent game for it looks better than anything these new powerhouse machines can kick out. Sure Killzone may have the technically best graphics, and Knack may have more particle effects than any other game. Ryse may well be unparalleled in texture mapping technology, and Forza might well have a graphics engine so refined it remembers individual scuff marks but I don't care. None of these games have used their graphics effectively to make a truly beautiful game. I'm waiting on InFamous: Second Son, that actually looks impressive graphics wise. Nothing else has impressed me though.

Nintendo is probably best-in-the-industry when it comes to artistic style, it's why their games look great, whilst being light on graphical effects.
There is a difference between the two, which some people don't realise.

Personally, the best looking games (From a technical graphics standpoint) are on PC as it has always been.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--