By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do You Consider Wii U A Current/Next-gen console?

What do you think?

Wii U is 7th gen! 134 16.18%

Wii U is 8th gen! 584 70.53%

Wii U is gay! 39 4.71%

Wii U is straight! 14 1.69%

Wii U is bisexual! 55 6.64%

Total:826

Specs have nothing to do with it. It's the sequence. It's current gen along with the PS4 and XBO.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

Wii was basically a slightly redisigned Gamecube(biggest change was in the exterior) with new innovative controls.

Anyone who says anything other than 8th gen just doesn't understand the meaning of the word "generation."

Probably 8th gen. But it isn't exactly set in stone. As long as it gets a multiplatform game with PS4/XB1 that isn't also on PS360, and isn't replaced in the next 2 years by NIntendo, then it definitely is.

PSN: Osc89

NNID: Oscar89

People stop living in past. PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii are "last gen". PS4, Xbox One and Wii U are next gen. And Wii U is next gen.

Around the Network

Entire question is absolutely pointless trash.

ghettoglamour said:
I think the Wii U has no sexuality at all!

Funny story, in spanish all worlds (almost all) have a gender, so you can translate THE Wii U, as:

La Wii U (femenine)

El Wii U (masculine)

I personally always use the male gender for ALL consoles, but I had heard both usages

8th gen... who ever think wii u is 7th gen... they have SMALL PENIS Syndrome

it doesn't hold anything to next gen console's, it should not be uttered in the same sentence imo

I'm glad I got shut of it early, no more Nintendo console's for me ever again

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
it doesn't hold anything to next gen console's, it should not be uttered in the same sentence imo

I'm glad I got shut of it early, no more Nintendo console's for me ever again

PS4 and Wii U.