By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Platinum Games Creative Director is Fed Up With Bayonetta 2 port begging

People beg for a port and say "Nintendo fans just play kiddi games and won't this lulululülülüll".

Nintendo Fans should beg for Kingdom Hearts 3 than, because man, it's a kiddie game, right?

So stupid. When Sony or MS got some exclusive, no one is crying, but when Nintendo fans get ONE exclusive, for what Nintendo pays, the shitstorm is coming. fuck this industry.

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
curl-6 said:

As time went by it would be less and less likely. Games that aren't big hits rarely get a sequel years and years later.

Still it could have happened. And now it will never be made for any other platform.

And Nintendo may already regret paying for it by now.

A lot of things "could have happened". Microsoft "could have" sold Halo to Sony. A meteorite "could have" fallen on your head before you could finish typing that comment. Bayonetta 1's performance didn't exactly inspire confidence, as Sega declined to publish #2. Games like Bayonetta generally don't get sequels.

And with third party support for Wii U very limited, I doubt Nintendo regret publishing it; it gives them one more exclusive to trumpet without having to divert one of their teams to make it.

Maybe they should have thought about that before taking the decision. They should have expected that PS3/360 owners would be outraged. More than 1 year has passed and yet they don't share anything about their projects on other systems. No wonder people think PG completely turned their back on them.

curl-6 said:
Porcupine_I said:
curl-6 said:

As time went by it would be less and less likely. Games that aren't big hits rarely get a sequel years and years later.

Still it could have happened. And now it will never be made for any other platform.

And Nintendo may already regret paying for it by now.

A lot of things "could have happened". Microsoft "could have" sold Halo to Sony. A meteorite "could have" fallen on your head before you could finish typing that comment. Bayonetta 1's performance didn't exactly inspire confidence, as Sega declined to publish #2. Games like Bayonetta generally don't get sequels.

And with third party support for Wii U very limited, I doubt Nintendo regret publishing it; it gives them one more exclusive to trumpet without having to divert one of their teams to make it.

The decision to publish this was made a long time ago, when they had different ideas of the Wii U performance. Once it is all said and done it may not turn out to be the best desicion they made.

Besides, the guy complaining about the begging may be looking back later on how many people wanted the game, when he finds out how many actually bought it.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I agrre that this game will never go out Wii U but how this director talks is silly and unprofessional.

What the problem if the fans ask for a port? Even if is close to 0% to happen the fans can ask what they wanted... I see no issue here like I never saw any issue with Xbox fans asking for MGS4 to Konami.

He have do be glad that these fans ar following the game and maybe some even buy a Wii U for the game.

This is not the fisrt time this guy looks arrogant.

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Porcupine_I said:
curl-6 said:

LiquorandGunFun said:

Yeah, I dont have enought time to waste to help remove the nintendo goggles. People want to play games on systems they have or will get. I know its a travisty. Shame on US. 

The game wouldn't exist at all if it weren't for Nintendo, Platinum have stated this many times.

If people want to play the game, they should buy the system it is on. If they don't, then they obviously didn't really want it that much, and shouldn't care about missing out.

But that doesn't mean it would never have been made at some point.

It could at some point, but after Sega cancelled support to Platinum due to financial problems, the future was dim and uncertain for many of their projects. They just couldn´t refuse Nintendo´s offer to publish it. Better safe than sorry, right ?

Well, how the situation unfolds, it would be safe and sorry now.

It's easy to judge someone else's decisions while looking in a rearview mirror.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

ryuzaki57 said:
Maybe they should have thought about that before taking the decision. They should have expected that PS3/360 owners would be outraged. More than 1 year has passed and yet they don't share anything about their projects on other systems. No wonder people think PG completely turned their back on them.

look at MH4. It did extremely well despite it being Sony only exclusive for years

Porcupine_I said:
Rogerioandrade said:
Porcupine_I said:
curl-6 said:

LiquorandGunFun said:

Yeah, I dont have enought time to waste to help remove the nintendo goggles. People want to play games on systems they have or will get. I know its a travisty. Shame on US. 

The game wouldn't exist at all if it weren't for Nintendo, Platinum have stated this many times.

If people want to play the game, they should buy the system it is on. If they don't, then they obviously didn't really want it that much, and shouldn't care about missing out.

But that doesn't mean it would never have been made at some point.

It could at some point, but after Sega cancelled support to Platinum due to financial problems, the future was dim and uncertain for many of their projects. They just couldn´t refuse Nintendo´s offer to publish it. Better safe than sorry, right ?

Well, how the situation unfolds, it would be safe and sorry now.

Why sorry? Platinum is getting paid to develop the game. If it´s a flop the losses will be all of Nintendo. If it sells well both companies take the profits. From a business point of view, that was the best decision they could take.

It was this or cancel the project and proceed with lay-offs

ryuzaki57 said:

Ah, I see !

The hate is still strong !

Porcupine_I said:
curl-6 said:

The decision to publish this was made a long time ago, when they had different ideas of the Wii U performance. Once it is all said and done it may not turn out to be the best desicion they made.

Besides, the guy complaining about the begging may be looking back later on how many people wanted the game, when he finds out how many actually bought it.

Bayo's a niche game, Nintendo knew from the moment they acquired it that it would not set the charts alight. They purchased it to add a gory, sexy "hardcorez" title that was missing from their exclusive lineup, not with any expectation of the game itself selling millions.

And since Nintendo are paying for it, Platinum don't need to worry about how much it sells.