By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Platinum Games Creative Director is Fed Up With Bayonetta 2 port begging

F0X said:
hinch said:
curl-6 said:
pokoko said:
Platinum Games had better become a satellite for Nintendo because the way they're treating their (former?) fanbase is unprofessional. I'm kind of glad I didn't like Bayonetta.

Yeah, it's so unprofessional to provide your fanbase with a sequel to the game they loved instead of letting it disappear forever.

I think he's refererring to the some of Kamiya's more recent tweets.

Not that I agree with the people who keep insisting on ports of games (like Bayonetta 2) but this, doesn't really sound professional at all. There are better ways to go about that than telling their fans/supporters to go fuck themselves. The guy should really quit Twitter or just ignore them.

And to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few trolls out Twitter who go about asking these questions just to get a reaction from him.  

I don't see how he's any worse of a public figure than, say, the God of War creator.

Well, he represents his company. As such he should speak in a professional manner when addressing people. If not out of respect for the supporters who went out and bought their games and supported Platinum Games. It doesn't exactly put PG in good light to say, "hey guys we don't care about those who bought our old stuff. If don't like it it piss off. Kthxbye."

Also David Jaffe can say all the shit he wants. He left Santa Monica and Sony long ago and has his own little company - Eat Sleep Play.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

LiquorandGunFun said:

Yeah, I dont have enought time to waste to help remove the nintendo goggles. People want to play games on systems they have or will get. I know its a travisty. Shame on US. 

The game wouldn't exist at all if it weren't for Nintendo, Platinum have stated this many times.

If people want to play the game, they should buy the system it is on. If they don't, then they obviously didn't really want it that much, and shouldn't care about missing out.

But that doesn't mean it would never have been made at some point.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
curl-6 said:

LiquorandGunFun said:

Yeah, I dont have enought time to waste to help remove the nintendo goggles. People want to play games on systems they have or will get. I know its a travisty. Shame on US. 

The game wouldn't exist at all if it weren't for Nintendo, Platinum have stated this many times.

If people want to play the game, they should buy the system it is on. If they don't, then they obviously didn't really want it that much, and shouldn't care about missing out.

As time went by it would be less and less likely. Games that aren't big hits rarely get a sequel years and years later.

LiquorandGunFun said:
ToxicJosh said:
Do these people realise that Nintendo owns the rights to Bayonetta 2?

Whinging to Platinum CAN'T make a difference, as they don't have the power to decide to port it to other systems. It's not difficult.

If you care that much just buy a Wii U, and get W101 whilst you're at it; it's a great game that deserves to be played.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=174244

With 22K units on preorder, it is business sense at this point. I would say that yes there is still plenty of time, but even 3d world is under whelming sales wise.

Sony should do what their fans preach.

They should make a 360 port of Puppeteer. With less than 100K units sold in over two months, it's business sense at this point.

pokoko said:
Platinum Games had better become a satellite for Nintendo because the way they're treating their (former?) fanbase is unprofessional. I'm kind of glad I didn't like Bayonetta.

Hey, Platinum, you know some of these people bought your game, which was one of the worst ports ever made, and they're still loyal to you?

You´re just trying to make some funny sarcasm, right ? Because it´s clear to this point that Nintendo is funding their games. Bayonetta 2 would never see the light of the day if it wasn´t for that, and probably Wonderful 101 too.

It´s not about passion or loyalty to fans, it´s about business decisions. And financial survivor.

Around the Network
hinch said:
F0X said:

I don't see how he's any worse of a public figure than, say, the God of War creator.

Well, he represents his company. As such he should speak in a professional manner when addressing people. If not out of respect for the supporters who went out and bought their games and supported Platinum Games. It doesn't exactly put PG in good light to say, "hey guys we don't care about those who bought our old stuff. If don't like it it piss off. Kthxbye."

Also David Jaffe can say all the shit he wants. He left Santa Monica and Sony long ago and has his own little company - Eat Sleep Play.

Jaffe's been at it long before he left Santa Monica.

I think you're right - he should be as professional as possible on Twitter. He should have a thick skin. At the same time, this madness has been going on far too long. His legitimate, professional responses on this matter have been well-documented for quite some time, but that doesn't stop people from asking the same thing over and over and expecting a different result each time.

Until this time. They got a "fuck you", which is a pretty good sign to these fans (or trolls, potentially) that the constant pointless annoyingness is not helping them.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

curl-6 said:
Porcupine_I said:
curl-6 said:

LiquorandGunFun said:

As time went by it would be less and less likely. Games that aren't big hits rarely get a sequel years and years later.

Still it could have happened. And now it will never be made for any other platform.

And Nintendo may already regret paying for it by now.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
curl-6 said:

LiquorandGunFun said:

It could at some point, but after Sega cancelled support to Platinum due to financial problems, the future was dim and uncertain for many of their projects. They just couldn´t refuse Nintendo´s offer to publish it. Better safe than sorry, right ?

If the game is a commercial failure, what I really doubt, the only one to be sorry is Nintendo. 

fatslob-:O said:
Podings said:
Cj2i3 said:
Does anyone actually care about it ?

About what? Bayonetta 2? Clearly some do,

I'm sincerely glad it isn't coming to BoneStation I'd make the same mistake buying 2 as I did with 1.

Bayonetta 2 is a largely irrelevant game. A third party game only matters if it can move consoles an I doubt bayonetta 2 will do the job. It's not gonna be as bad as wonderful 101 but still. 

Bayonetta 2 is in no way irrelevant.

It's a third party game, maybe, but it is one that Nintendo funds and publishes, which means they reap ALL the profits from sales.

It will make itself back in both the sales and the platform awareness it generates, the magnitude of the latter being obvious. 

Also "as bad as Wonderful 101" is kind of a moot statement. It too has made a profit from sales, and a helping drive awareness among core players.

ROFLMAO. Apparently someone hasn't being keeping up with development cost news. Wonderful 101 was 50% more expensive to make compared to bayonetta 1 which didn't even net in profit with roughly around 2 million coppies.

Apparently someone hasn't been keeping up with sales news. Bayonetta sold around 1m copies total according to all sources.

This net profit argument is a strange one. I have long heard people argue that a x360 game that sold 500k to 1m+ make a profit but I will not argue this point.

Anyhow my question is why all this fuss over a game that sold only 1m copies across two platforms? Either way this game is damn relevant to nintendo because if it flops..

Rogerioandrade said:
Porcupine_I said:
curl-6 said:

LiquorandGunFun said:

It could at some point, but after Sega cancelled support to Platinum due to financial problems, the future was dim and uncertain for many of their projects. They just couldn´t refuse Nintendo´s offer to publish it. Better safe than sorry, right ?

Well, how the situation unfolds, it would be safe and sorry now.

- George Orwell, ‘1984’