By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2013 NPD Thread! Everything is in the OP!

I'd kinda put the Wii U sales in these categories

Sub-200k - System was always dead, you just didn't know it, like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense.

200-250k - Disastrous

250-299k - Very Poor

300k-350k - Bad, But All Things Considered ...

350-400k - Decent

400k-450k - Getting Into GameCube Territory, Not Bad.

500k+ - Good month, a solid rebound looks to be in effect. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:

Sub-200k - System was always dead, you just didn't know it, like Bruce Willis in The Sixth Sense.

200-250k - Disastrous

250-299k - Very Poor

350-400k - Decent

500k+ - Good month considering the competition.

lol that's not happening

the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

200-250k - Disastrous

250-299k - Very Poor

350-400k - Decent

lol that's not happening

Shrugs. Even the GameCube was able to getting into that 400k+ range for most November months. 

the_dengle said:
bananaking21 said:
this will be a blood bath. anyway it turns out this will blow up, with the exception is if VGC is pretty much spot on.

If VGChartz is spot on, I expect riots from the "3DS massively overtracked" crowd.

i think most will shut up and try to act like they never said anything. if it is overtracked though, we will never hear the end of it.

Edit: ohh and if its overtracked by like 50k-100k suddenly that will become "Massive!"

Soundwave said:
the_dengle said:
Soundwave said:

200-250k - Disastrous

250-299k - Very Poor

350-400k - Decent

lol that's not happening

Shrugs. Even the GameCube was able to getting into that 400k+ range for most November months. 

Worry about that later. Right now, with what we know about recent Wii U sales, 350k+ is out of the question. 300k is extremely unlikely.

Around the Network

Well some news... not NPD.

Xbox One, PS4 drive DLC sales up 41% in November

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-12-12-xbox-one-ps4-drive-dlc-sales-up-41-percent-in-november

Incubi said:
This NPD is nailbiting. If Pachters seemingly incredibly low 150k WiiU sales for the WHOLE month of november is true, it's going to overload GAF. It would be a historic low for flagship Nintendo hardware noone in their worst nightmare could even begin to imagine just a few weeks ago.

If they are true, Nintendo will have no choice but to take drastic measures in 2014. What could those measures be?

Say goodbye to Iwata.  And release gamepad-less console for $200 or at least a Mario Kart with gamepad bundle for $250. 

How long?

softcoregamer82 said:
Incubi said:
This NPD is nailbiting. If Pachters seemingly incredibly low 150k WiiU sales for the WHOLE month of november is true, it's going to overload GAF. It would be a historic low for flagship Nintendo hardware noone in their worst nightmare could even begin to imagine just a few weeks ago.

If they are true, Nintendo will have no choice but to take drastic measures in 2014. What could those measures be?

Say goodbye to Iwata.  And release gamepad-less console for $200 or at least a Mario Kart with gamepad bundle for $250. 

People have been saying this every quarter for years and he's still here.

NPD: Blu-ray Disc Player Sales Up 3% on Black Friday

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/blu-ray-disc/npd-blu-ray-disc-player-sales-3-black-friday-32077