By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Wii U sells 48k this week in Japan, yet I'm worried

On the subject...

You are a troll, anyway 108 55.10%

I see what you did there 34 17.35%

Nintendo games doesn't s... 5 2.55%

I don't like threads or Vgchartz 18 9.18%

What's a Wii U? 31 15.82%

Total:196
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

While the DQX expansion had some impact, the boost is mostly due to mario 3d world, advertising and holidays.

Annnnnnd you can't possibly know this. If that were the case it would have got a bigger bump last week. Nice try.

yes, I can. being an expansion, DQX was purchased mostly by previous owners. 3d world, on the other hand was probably sold mostly to new buyers.

Yet the week it released and actually sold far more than this week, it got a minor bump. Like I said, no.

wrong as usual. the fw buyers were probably people who already owned the wii u, since the hardware didn't raise that much on that week. but as the weeks pass and sales keep respectable levels, with hardware sales even getting higher than 3d world's weekly, it's obvious that a big chunk of 3d world customers are now new buyers.

Wrong as usual? LOL I think you'll find you're the one that gets things wrong, (see: every past prediction you've ever made )

Around the Network
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:
Zero999 said:

While the DQX expansion had some impact, the boost is mostly due to mario 3d world, advertising and holidays.

Annnnnnd you can't possibly know this. If that were the case it would have got a bigger bump last week. Nice try.

yes, I can. being an expansion, DQX was purchased mostly by previous owners. 3d world, on the other hand was probably sold mostly to new buyers.

Yet the week it released and actually sold far more than this week, it got a minor bump. Like I said, no.

wrong as usual. the fw buyers were probably people who already owned the wii u, since the hardware didn't raise that much on that week. but as the weeks pass and sales keep respectable levels, with hardware sales even getting higher than 3d world's weekly, it's obvious that a big chunk of 3d world customers are now new buyers.

Wrong as usual? LOL I think you'll find you're the one that gets things wrong, (see: every past prediction you've ever made )

bolded: wrong as usual

Zero999 said:
Seece said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5468729

"finally december capitalizes on all pre mentioned software and some others + the release of mario 3d world, wii fit U and sweet holiday season. Wii u shoul End december 2013 with 10.2M sold.

About the others I predict Xone just bellow 2M and Ps4 above 2M by the end of 2013 and that's it"

Oops.

It's a fairly typical seasonal bump for Nintendo consoles.

For example Wii in 2011 (the Wii's worst year in Japan prior to Wii U launch) went from 30,000 for the week ending Dec. 04 to about 45,000 in the week ending Dec. 11th, which is pretty similar to what Wii U is doing.

Nintendo consoles pretty much always rises fairly consistently from late November until the end of December and then comes back down to earth in January in Japan (GCN, Wii, Wii U). 

DQX probably provided a boost though. If only Nintendo could get third party games like that at least every other month they could build some momenteum, but alas that's not reality. 

PandaGames said:
Hope it keeps like 40k a week. Would be 40k x 12months = 480k a year only in Japan

This right here is why when I grow up and have kids gaming will be off the menu :)

Around the Network
Seece said:
Zero999 said:
Seece said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5468729

"finally december capitalizes on all pre mentioned software and some others + the release of mario 3d world, wii fit U and sweet holiday season. Wii u shoul End december 2013 with 10.2M sold.

About the others I predict Xone just bellow 2M and Ps4 above 2M by the end of 2013 and that's it"

Oops.

translation: far from "EVERY PAST PREDICTION I'VE EVER MADE"

Oops, (hidden).

I still think you're trolling.

UFOJoe said:
I still think you're trolling.

Do you believe?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

"Nintendo games DON'T* sell on Nintendo consoles."
Seriously, I wanted to argue your point but nah "You're a troll" sums it up.

SnowPrince said:
"Nintendo games DON'T* sell on Nintendo consoles."
Seriously, I wanted to argue your point but nah "You're a troll" sums it up.

It was funny as first, but now it's just sad. Read the last two paragraphs, go the media create sales thread and "get it".

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile